New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mga sir pa help naman po.
    Yung 1998 nissan cefiro namin nagbliblink yung orange light that says "check" sa dashboard pagnakalagay sa on yung susi tpos pagstart mo hindi tumutloy umandar yung makina parang alang umaakyat na gas sa makina pero sabi ng mekaniko malakas naman daw yung buga ng gasolina, kahit sagad na tapakan yung pedal ayaw parin umandar. Before that happens nilinisan namin yung mga fuse sa ilalim ng steering wheel tapos check namin kung may busted ala naman po then the next day ayun na lumabas na yung sakit niya.
    sir what could be the problem napalitan na namin yung spark plugs ganun parin tapos sabi ng mekaniko baka may problem sa kuryente or computer box na.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    I believe the reason for this trouble could be electrical. Somewhere from the battery/alternator system you are losing power. It could be a loose wiring connection or it could be a broken wire after you have clean the fuses. I would think that any garage would be able to find the problem easily.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kailangan mo diyan shop na may scanner para ma check muna kung may hard fault

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ I agree. You need to find out what's triggering the CEL so you can work methodically. Without knowing the extent of the "maintenance" you or the mechanic did to clean the fuse box, it's hard to tell what went wrong or what connectors were moved/removed.

It would also help if you have access to your car's shop manual if the owner's manual does not have comprehensive servicing instructions.

You could also try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if all it needs is an ECM reset (assuming the ECM memory gets erased when the battery is disconnected). Not quite familiar with Nissan ECMs.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Does the engine crank but does not start or no sound at all as in really dead?
    Best is to have it scanned para di trial and error method.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sir we solved the problem, thanks for the reply. ang problem lang pala is yung susi niya ginamit po ksi namin na susi yung duplicate yung mga ginawa sa mall. the original key has a sensor in it, it is a security features para po ata hindi manakaw yung sasakyan gamit yung duplicate na key.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System) - inconvenient but effective against car theft.

On my Cefiro, CEL occassionally remains lit and the engine does not crank at all. There is a clicking sound (relay?) from the fuse box under the steering wheel, to the left. I'm not certain if this is a loose connection but it cranks up after several tries.

Aside from the dealer, where would a "scanner" be available?

TIA.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Immobilizer. :D

Weird that the CEL would blink. On other cars, it's an icon with the shape of the key.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Immobilizer...meaning the car alarm has been activated and is preventing the engine from starting? So, I need to "switch off" the alarm if this happens?

Geeez...thanks man.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Immobilizer...meaning the car alarm has been activated and is preventing the engine from starting? So, I need to "switch off" the alarm if this happens?

Geeez...thanks man.
    Immobilizer is not the same as the alarm. Although, they're both used for theft prevention, they however serve two different functions.

Alarms are primarily used to prevent unauthorized entry into the vehicle.

On the other hand, immobilizers are used to prevent usage of the vehicle, even if the thief has an exact physical duplicate of the original key. Immobilizers makes use of transponders hidden inside the original key's handle. As you turn the ignition key to ON, the vehicle's immobilizer system queries the transponder. The transponder would then respond with the correct code wirelessly. If the wrong code is received or if there's no code at all, the engine will not start.

Some alarms emulate the function of an immobilizer by cutting off the ignition while it is armed.

Here's a short demonstration of how it works:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUpsSk_7zwQ"]YouTube - How the Immobilizer Works[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
cefiro engine warning light blinks