New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin miles View Post
    Makikisali lang.

Ako din im looking for a second hand car. Budget is 200k. Pahelp naman po magdecide. Gusto ko sana manual, pogi, matipid sa gas at madali imaintain. Salamat po sa suggestions.

We have a vios 2010 E Manual as a family car. Im doing all the maintenance and so far so easy and cheap to maintain. Gusto ko naman na magkaroon na sarili kong oto. Pwede bihisan ng konti pero hindi pangkarera. ��
    Is another vios in the garage anathema to you?
    If so, get a 1996 sentra MT. 200k will get you a nice one if you are wise, with fix-up money to spare.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devin miles View Post
    Makikisali lang.

Ako din im looking for a second hand car. Budget is 200k. Pahelp naman po magdecide. Gusto ko sana manual, pogi, matipid sa gas at madali imaintain. Salamat po sa suggestions.

We have a vios 2010 E Manual as a family car. Im doing all the maintenance and so far so easy and cheap to maintain. Gusto ko naman na magkaroon na sarili kong oto. Pwede bihisan ng konti pero hindi pangkarera. 😆
    Is another vios in the garage anathema to you?
    If so, get a 1996 sentra MT. 200k will get you a nice one if you are wise, with fix-up money to spare.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    Huwag lang mag-prospect sa isang brand. If you are eyeing for an A/T vehicle, and FC is an issue. Look for any 1.3L or 1300cc engine variant models of any brand po. But also remember, A/T vehicles are a lot more expensive in regular/annual/periodic maintenance po.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk
    Salamat sir. Looking at subcompacts ngayon. Sa same budget kasi ay makakakuha ng newer model.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    If I were you, I would go for Sentra GX 2006-2008 due to its model. Just add another 50k and you can have Toyota Vios 1.3L 2004-05 model which has good FC.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basta wag lang magmadali and takaw tingin. Got a 2009 Nissan GX a/t for 110k last July '15 with 110k kms from a relative. Company car nya so she vouched na casa maintained yung sasakyan (with PMS receipts). May ding lang sa may rear passenger side. So far a/c blower (this month lang) pa lang napapalitan ko plus yung paayos ng radiator leak.

Car runs fine with a mileage of 8.98kms/l (combined hiway and city driving) since nung binili ko. Mileage ang primary concern ko base sa mga posts regarding the car. Considering na gas-guzzler previous car ko (6-7kms/l), 9kms/l does not sound bad. Sobrang laki pa nga ng improvement compared sa pinalitan ko.

Contrary to what others have posted here, basta alaga sa ATF change ang transmission ng A/T, di sya basta basta nasisira. Meaning, mas cheap ang maintenance ng a/t compared to m/t base on my experience. Pero oras na nasira ang a/t, expect ka na ng malaki-laking gastusan. Fortunately, di pa ako nagkaka-major issue sa mga naging at current a/t cars ko.

Sorry for the long post. To cut it short, do your homework and be patient when looking for a 2nd hand car. Not all 2nd hand cars are junk. Also, mas maganda kumuha ng 2nd hand cars sa mga members ng car clubs. Mas metikuloso sila sa kotse.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Basta wag lang magmadali and takaw tingin. Got a 2009 Nissan GX a/t for 110k last July '15 with 110k kms from a relative. Company car nya so she vouched na casa maintained yung sasakyan (with PMS receipts). May ding lang sa may rear passenger side. So far a/c blower (this month lang) pa lang napapalitan ko plus yung paayos ng radiator leak.

Car runs fine with a mileage of 8.98kms/l (combined hiway and city driving) since nung binili ko. Mileage ang primary concern ko base sa mga posts regarding the car. Considering na gas-guzzler previous car ko (6-7kms/l), 9kms/l does not sound bad. Sobrang laki pa nga ng improvement compared sa pinalitan ko.

Contrary to what others have posted here, basta alaga sa ATF change ang transmission ng A/T, di sya basta basta nasisira. Meaning, mas cheap ang maintenance ng a/t compared to m/t base on my experience. Pero oras na nasira ang a/t, expect ka na ng malaki-laking gastusan. Fortunately, di pa ako nagkaka-major issue sa mga naging at current a/t cars ko.

Sorry for the long post. To cut it short, do your homework and be patient when looking for a 2nd hand car. Not all 2nd hand cars are junk. Also, mas maganda kumuha ng 2nd hand cars sa mga members ng car clubs. Mas metikuloso sila sa kotse.
    errr... what was you gas-guzzler of a car before, sir?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki APV a/t.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Suzuki APV a/t.
    ah yes...
    but you knew it was a gas-guzzler before you bought it, yes? it had an advertised 6.95 km/li...
    i had a cedia mx with cvt before.. 6 km/li.. 7 and i was ecstatic... 8 and it was unbelievable.. got it when i was rolling down the hill from tagaytay..
    9 and i thought i was back to my 1997 sentra ex with 1.4 li eccs.. which is what my wigo at does now.
    11 and it's the diesel innova MT!
    heh heh... sorry,... getting carried away..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope, the wife bought it instead of the Everest before I came back to the Philippines. I have no idea about both cars as I am out of the country for 6years and both cars are not available where I came from.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Would you like to share the fuel consumption of your wife everest.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    APV and Everest choices ng wife ko way back 2005. Di ako familiar on both models as they are not available sa pinanggalingan ko. She ended up with the APV.

Sorry for the OT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast