New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hello everyone, im planning to get a 2001 Patrol and i would like to know some feedback on the things i have to watch out just in case. Hope you guys can help me, thanks...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Be sure the Turbo and VP44 injection pump are ok because both are quite expensive to replace. Be sure the check engine light is functioning, observe if it keeps on lighting. If it does do a diagnostics so you would know the trouble code.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hi there 4JGtootsie,

The check engine light ins functioning, how would i be able to check the trouble code if ever? is there a shop you could recommend? i already purchased the patrol yesterday and wanted to have it check over all. Its a 2001 Model 4x2 and at 60K, would you recommend that i have serviced by Nissan "PMS"? How you could help me, thanks...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hi there 4JGtootsie,

The check engine light ins functioning, how would i be able to check the trouble code if ever? is there a shop you could recommend? i already purchased the patrol yesterday and wanted to have it check over all. Its a 2001 Model 4x2 and at 60K, would you recommend that i have serviced by Nissan "PMS"? How you could help me, thanks...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Congratulations Sir on your new Patrol!

If the check light doesnt go off after start means the ECU cant read data from one or more sensors or actuators are not functioning properly making the engine work outside its parameters. It maybe caused by loose connection, poor transmission or component failure. You dont need to perform On Board Diagnostics if there is no checklight, sayang ang pera.

Very important to ZD30 patrol is to use the gray original nissan primary and secondary fuel filters this is due to the delicate VP44 pump.

For me it doesnt have to be Nissan service as long as you use the recommended oil, filters, parts and settings.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Be sure the Turbo and VP44 injection pump are ok because both are quite expensive to replace. Be sure the check engine light is functioning, observe if it keeps on lighting. If it does do a diagnostics so you would know the trouble code.
    sir magkano na po sa inyo ang brand new turbo and injection pump for the patrol gu? para magka-idea lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Turbo is around 90thousand but I heard if you buy in Japan its cheaper.
    Brand new VP44 is around 200thousand a remanufactured is at 90thousand parehong 1 (one) year warranty.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    congrats sir... patrol for 60k is a good deal

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [SIZE=2]how much did you purchase the unit? for odometer at 60k, its slightly used. I'm selling my patrol with 70k odo. [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hello samira, how much is your patrol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buying a 2001 Patrol