New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    my safari 95 brake is having a trouble, tumitigas pedal, i already change the hoses from alternator to canister to hydro vac but still the same, hard brake, whats the next thing i should do, any suggestions

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Chech your hydrovac for diaphram failure.
    Chech your vacuum pump.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did you blead it yet? the basic problem of tumitigas ng brake is air bubbles trap in the brake line...kahit na ba hydraulic assisted yan, pag merun hangin sa linya hindi magpafunction ng tama yan.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ok i try to bleed it this morning, ill update after that and if not go to hydrovac. thanks

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    after bleeding.. sobra naman ngayon lambot ng brake as in wala break lusot brake nya....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i got it, the brake pedal must be continuously pressed while bleeding and pressed to the bottom while closing the knots. lambot na brake an my safari is now braking but i think i must upgrade my hydro vac brake to d5 or d7. my safari is already old, approximately 12 years in service with me and so far this is my only problem. not that bad. thanks wildthing & 4JGtootsie.

i do it my self. approximate expense P80.00 for prestone brake fluids, P27.00 for 1.5 liter coke for my assistant who did the pressing of the brake and P10.00 for tide bar for a dirty hands.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats, glad to be of help - i have been exposed to a lot of old cars kaya naexperience ko yung ganyan nuon...

an upgrade of the hydro vac is probably in order...specially that it is old din na naman.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, for peace of mind you can consider overhauling/replaceing the hydrovac.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also have the same problem on the W123, but the hydrovac is really shot. Ang hirap maghanap ng hydrovac nowadays.

Glad your problem got solved.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

brake problem in safari 95