New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello everyone! Im new here and just recently bought a stock B13 and I want to lower it by maybe 1-1.5 inch and buy a 205/40-16 tire set to make it look good.Im not sure about the offset measurement thou. Here are my questions:
    1. About lowering, should I buy a set of lowering springs, is it ok to use the stock shocks or instead buy gas shocks and have it align?
    2. About the tire, 205/40 means what? and 205/45? I know 16 is the rim diameter? What would be the correct offset considering it will be lowered by 1-1.5 inch?
    3. Are the set-up I have mentioned above are correct? say the 1-1.5 inch lowering + 205/40-16 tires n rim?

Thank you in advance for those who will reply and help me. I appreciate.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *ahlks26 : Bro visit ka dito sa club nissan sentra; madaming B13 dito na naka-drop

http://www.clubnissansentra.tk/

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hello everyone! Im new here and just recently bought a stock B13 and I want to lower it by maybe 1-1.5 inch and buy a 205/40-16 tire set to make it look good.Im not sure about the offset measurement thou. Here are my questions:

1. About lowering, should I buy a set of lowering springs, is it ok to use the stock shocks or instead buy gas shocks and have it align? Ideally, if you are to lower your car, you should lowering springs. This should compensate both the (fixed) drop you want and riding comfort. Thou there are good number of drop rates (1", 1.5", 2", 2.5"), common are 1.5" drops. If budget is an issue, some resort to cut springs (putol) --- but be warned that riding comfort may be compromised. If your current shock absorbers are still ok, you need not have to replace them if you're only after looks. And yes, you should camber/align your vehicle after replacing/cutting your springs.

2. About the tire, 205/40 means what? and 205/45? I know 16 is the rim diameter? What would be the correct offset considering it will be lowered by 1-1.5 inch? 205=width of the tire. 40 or 45=flat rate/series of the tire. The offset is dependent on the rim, not tires. I am not familiar with the correct (ideal) offset of the B13 but the shop where you are to get the rims [SIZE="3"]SHOULD[/SIZE] know it (or some B13 owners here may know, feel free to chime in)

3. Are the set-up I have mentioned above are correct? say the 1-1.5 inch lowering + 205/40-16 tires n rim?
    Personally, you should either use 195/50R16 or 205/45R16 tires. This would also be dependent on the specs of the rims.

Thank you in advance for those who will reply and help me. I appreciate.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks! now the problem is where to buy the lowering springs for my 1992 Nissan Sentra B13 chassis here in the Phils? whats the difference compareD to the lowering springs kit? like einbach and H&R? kit includes what? madali ba magpa install nun springs? Can anyone help me finding this besides the net? Im a serious buyer...tHANKS AGAIN..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks! Now the problem is where to buy the lowering springs for my 1992 Nissan Sentra B13 chassis here in the Phils? Hmmm, you can try visiting shops that specializes on underchassis. Some (if not most) underchassis shops sell lowering springs

Whats the difference compared to the lowering springs kit? like einbach and H&R? kit includes what? madali ba magpa install nun springs? Can anyone help me finding this besides the net? Im a serious buyer... Lowering Springs Kit and Lowering Springs are the same. Eibach, HnR, Tanabe, TEIN, are examples of lowering spring brands.

I would also like to suggest that you try your luck first sourcing the lowering springs from tsikot, eBay, etc. do get good deals. They sell either surplus or brand new. Price range from 4k-14k, mixed of brand new and surplus. Timingan mo nga lang.

Lastly, you need not have to worry if you're to install the lowering springs you'd buy. Best that you have it mounted/cambered and align.

Good luck and post some pics of your ride when you've installed lowering springs.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    register at clubnissansentra.tk as mentioned above. you might find 2nd hand lowering springs for sale in there. they will also help you with all your queries since most of the guys there are nissan experts.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Careful when lowering the B13. Suspension travel in front will be very limited once you lower it. Bottoming out the suspension travel is a fact of life in a lowered B13.

There are some kits and tips on how to maximize the limited suspension travel on the web. Simple google search would bring them out.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the info guys! The seller of the car said he can find the lowerings springs + front gas shocks for B13 in BAnawe. 2nd hand for 2k(2 pairs) or more..I already ordered. I will see and I will keep you guys posted...just want to maKE that car look good to compensate for the OLD AGE.. he he

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Secondhand lowering springs are okay. Secondhand shocks are not. Get a new pair of front shocks... those secondhand ones may last you a year, they may just last you a few months... either way, secondhand shocks are a waste of money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yes you're correct. The former owner of that B13 suggested I should buy new shocks rather than surplus but which ones? The KYB AGX adjustable Gas shocks or the KYB GR2 Gas shock (cheaper but not adjustable) which one will lower my car, cost me a little and give comfy ride? Plus there are these so called 33,34 & 36 series..now Im confuse...

B13 Lowering and Mag wheels queries