New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    1. Carry over from previous D40. The 140kw came on global market during mid facelift(around2010 together with v9x engine) but was not made available in Ph. Ive heard difference from 128kw and 140kw was the vgt solenoid that was upgraded from vacuum to electronic actuated. Mapping, injection pressures was also modified to achieve the higher hp. Also, the newer engine is equipped with DPF, smart alternators- the one that shutoffs when no load to increase fuel efficiency.. SCV failure is rare, fuel system was tropicalized(using 2separate fuel filters)to accommodate dirty fuel. Most common issue from local units is the DMF clutch failing as early as 40k kms. Never heard locally of timing chain failure but there are lots abroad-nissan global i think made a silent recall on this. Just do the regular maintenance and you should be fine.

2. Not until we test actual units. You could always add airbags in a coil sprung suspension to increase the load handling..

3. Newer costs more. Insurance should take care of warranty claims.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    may tiwala ako sa Nissan sa mga dealer lang ako walang tiwala.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Dual mass flywheel din talaga ang kinakatakutan ko sa navara wala na kasi ako masyadong nakikitang navara sa kalsada dito samin. Dati rati kasi daming may navara ngayon mangilan ngilan nalang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Not sure I'd like to have DPF. I wonder how often it will have to go through its burn cycle with Euro 2 fuel.. On the flip side, with the DPF particulates will be zero. No fears even if ASBU's are resurrected.

Re: rear coil springs they should be fine if you stick to the maximum load capacity. I don't see any issue with coils if they are rated with the same capacity as leaf springs. Coils are also easier to change out and cheaper compared to a complete leaf pack. And yep, airbags are awesome. You can soften/harden the suspension any way you want depending on your load. Just a bit expensive.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; February 4th, 2015 at 07:30 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Pwede naman daw gawin leaf spring upon request sabi sa nabasa kong article. Mas ok yun. May options ang customer

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs. Much appreciated.

We'll look into this one as soon as there's a test drive unit, albeit not anytime soon.

*12vdc- Thank you for your detailed answers.
    *wh1st3r- That what I thought. If the capacity is the same, then I don't see any reason, not to load it up to its maximum capacity.
    *dct- I think it only applies to fleet orders. Correct me if im wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs. Much appreciated.

We'll look into this one as soon as there's a test drive unit, albeit not anytime soon.

*12vdc- Thank you for your detailed answers.
    *wh1st3r- That what I thought. If the capacity is the same, then I don't see any reason, not to load it up to its maximum capacity.
    *dct- I think it only applies to fleet orders. Correct me if im wrong.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I actually find that the TOTL VL variant has the most value-for-money compared to the rest in the range. While the VL can match the Wildtrak in terms of features and power, The EL Calibre variants still lacks toys (like steering wheel audio controls, voice control, cruise control, bedliner etc ) found in the similarly priced Ranger XLT and even the D-max and Hilux. It does make up for it with the 7-speed AT and rear AC vents tho.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Went to nissan north edsa and checked it out in the flesh, but they only had the 4x4 MT on display for now. It looks really nice, the ride height is perfect and the back seat legroom is very generous. No bed liners yet and there is no tow hitch, i thought it was standard, since the pictures from the reviewed units showed one installed. Rear camera seems to be standard for the 4x4 version though

It can definitely stand it's ground against the wildtrak in the looks dept and the pricing is just begging you to drive it home. I'll probably check again once the 4x2 AT is on display. I want to see just how much of a difference is there in the accessories and if the 400k difference to the TOTL VL variant is really worth it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Anybody here who ordered and will get their units within the week already?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've seen several NP300s on the road already. Seems like may mga nakabili na.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast