New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    it has vent for passengers sitting at the back.
    higher ground clearance.
    hid headlight for the double cab model.

imo, this looks better than ranger (no pun intended).
    its navarra or hilux for me.

any idea about the engine, variants?
    ok to kung may 4x4 MT.
    LED headlights na and not HID, much better! http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...a-pick-up.html

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Seems Nissan is trying to make this pickup more of a car than a truck. Not good.
    WTH they never changed that upper control arms, the PCD remains 114 still not much choice with the rims.

The engine? What more to expect with YD25 engine, the 190PS e-VGT has been there for years but still having the same weak timing chains and dual mess flywheels of M/T.

And why call it D23 from D40, thats regression.

Oh well, im disappointed.. Lets wait for the new hilux.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *12vdc: Sir, are the timing chains and dual mass flywheels really that weak that the chances of replacing them early are high?

We have a neighbor, he has a Strada and used to have a Nav. The Nav was bought after a yr or more perhaps. I saw their Nav got towed from their garage 2x. Then after the last time I saw it getting towed, I never saw it again and the owner bought a Hilux. Maybe he got fed up. But his Strada is still there.

I never bothered to ask coz I am not really close with that neighbor.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Seems Nissan is trying to make this pickup more of a car than a truck. Not good.
    WTH they never changed that upper control arms, the PCD remains 114 still not much choice with the rims.

The engine? What more to expect with YD25 engine, the 190PS e-VGT has been there for years but still having the same weak timing chains and dual mess flywheels of M/T.

And why call it D23 from D40, thats regression.

Oh well, im disappointed.. Lets wait for the new hilux.

does it mean that they are using the old navarra engine on this new model?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    *12vdc: Sir, are the timing chains and dual mass flywheels really that weak that the chances of replacing them early are high?

We have a neighbor, he has a Strada and used to have a Nav. The Nav was bought after a yr or more perhaps. I saw their Nav got towed from their garage 2x. Then after the last time I saw it getting towed, I never saw it again and the owner bought a Hilux. Maybe he got fed up. But his Strada is still there.

I never bothered to ask coz I am not really close with that neighbor.
    Yup. Luckily i havent gone with those problems yet but im veryvery much aware it could happen.

Its actually the chain guides that fail making chains loose, then it rattles, then start to hit the cover and other guides, then soon breaks. From international forums, chains snap as early as 80k but there are reports running 200k without problems. Aftermarket replacement part now have double-row chains and modified guides to last with the engine. In my next PMS im cracking the oil pan to see if those chain guides havent shred off. Maybe im just paranoid or maybe it was just the added silicon oil in the fan that made my motor loud, but id got to check the pan anyway for sludge.

For the dual mess flywheel failures, thy're pretty much common, even here in our local forum got this. Aftermarkets have single mass for this, they are not smooth as dual mass but they sure last for the lifetime.

Im not saying the truck is bad as shiate since where im at now it havent given me that major problems, and its performing well. Isolated case? could be, but international forums says the statistics-that those chains and flywheels are weak

If not for those niggles i think YD motor and the truck itself is great, but what disappoints me is why Nissan have'nt addressed those in a span of 8yrs of D40 existence.

Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    does it mean that they are using the old navarra engine on this new model?
    The way i see with this D23, the chassis and engine specs are the same as D40 just having a newer skin.. Allmost all underchasis and powertrain components are just a carry-over from D40 and R51 Pathfinder, even suspension did'nt changed.

One notable change thou is the axle. Its not the D40's M226(modified Dana44), i think its a carry over from C200ks of Xterra. For the YD25 motor, im pretty sure not much have changed since its an existing one. Difference from 128kw and 140kw, the latter got electronic VGT solenoid against the old vacuum actuator. Maybe some changes also with the top cover and ECU mapping plus the emission controls, everything else remains the same.

Kung sana nilabas nila yung Renault V6 and 2.8 Cummins, baka mapatawad ko pa yung Upper Control Arms..
    Pero wait and see pa rin ako, baka maganda sa paper specs.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *12vdc: That is sad to hear. I hope that they have already fixed those issues in this upcoming model. Even if this truck is beautiful yet owners will still have to face that dreaded dual mass flywheel and timing chain issues, they would have 2nd thoughts in keeping this truck for a long time. Parang ang hirap isipin na kailangan mong palitan ung flywheel mo habang hindi pa naman luma ang auto mo. Ang mahal pa naman nun.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Duel mess flywheels not isolated with Nissans, its with Fords too. Because of this, maybe my next truck will be an auto.

I like more the current bumper with lower step and license plateholder on it, this new bumper looks copied from the hilux. Somehow looks is growin in me, its like a Ranger and Dmax and Hilux crossbreed.. At least the tailgate doesnt look bland as the Ranger and not fuglier than the Tritron.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    May bug ang computer box ng Nissan Navarra, not sure if there was a recall, pero yung issue sa computer box ang isa sa reason kung bakit inaayawan yan ng karamihan ng buy and sell.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ What kind of bug sir, can you elaborate? Havent heared of this issue. AFAIK the ecu is just like any other ASIC computer out from the box. Ang alam ko kaya inaayawan sa buy and sell because of the usual Nissan reputation here in ph.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Mas gusto ko ang old model kaysa sa 2015..

#own opinion XD

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast