New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello and Happy New Year!,

Just wanted to ask some of our Cefiro owners here, I have a 97 cefiro and I notice there are times it takes time to start, my friend said to put the transmission lever to neutral then back to park and try to start it again and sometimes it works(it an automatic transmission by the way) I read somewhere that it is a sensor issue but is there anyone who has experienced this already and how do i fix it. thanks,

James

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not familiar with the sensor but have you checked your starter as well? Maybe an electrical shop can help also with regard to checking the sensor.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    If your starter is okay and battery is okay - means umaandar ng tuloy tuloy when you tried to engage di lang nag start talaga then check your air flow sensor - inside the tube attached to the L shaped tube going to the airflow/airbox - parang may needle sa loob yun which is the sensor - clean it using cotton buds (band aid fix)

Or replace to really fix it or kung talagang busted na - cost around 2-3k ang surplus.

I had the same issue with my cefiro before - replacing that fixed the issue.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ The best way to clean the MAF sensor is to spray it with electric contact cleaner. Better to not touch it as the hotwire (sensor wire itself) is quite sensitive.