New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    True the drum brakes is not a deal breaker but it just feels like a Toyota shortchanging its customers.
    similar to just 2 airbag; You may not have a need for them for the whole life that you had the car yet you will be thankful if you do suddenly do need it.

The small tank capacity may be based on the capacity of the engine.
    On the Base EL the 2 airbags may be excusable but the 900K mid trim should have atleast the option to indent order 6/7 airbags as an option (like in the base/lowe end vios) if not standard.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Also yung 470+ liters na boot space niya parang may kaliitan din pala versus sa city at vios although foldable naman second row seats.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    And the ground clearance of 135mm. Why so low when the norm for sedan is 150?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Even in Thailand, it is still capped at 35 liters.
    All-New NISSAN ALMERA | SPECIFICATIONS | Nissan Motor (Thailand)
    it seems that they decided to go for the smaller tank w/ the turbo engine, mexico gets the 41L tank with their 1.6NA variant although they quote a different trunk space figure of 466/482L

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    On the range-topping VL Turbo N-Sport, the Almera comes with the complete safety suite of features. These include the 360-degree around-view monitor (AVM) with moving object detection (MOD), forward collision warning (FCW), intelligent emergency braking (IEB), blind-spot warning (BSW), rear-cross traffic alert (RCTA), and hill-start assist (HSA).
    Boom! RIP the competition. The only car in the segment that have those active safety features (even the VE has AEB). Plus turbo charged pa and 5 year warranty sa upper trim levels.

Weird lang kahit normal cruise control wala...

The Honda City RS should have came with the turbo as well plus Honda Sensing.

Imagine the specs of the Sentra kapag nilabas nila here.. wow!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Don't expect the turbo to be performance oriented though. I've seen the CVT's 0-100 in the 10 to 11 second range. I guess the only advantage would be fuel efficiency when stuck in traffic.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Mas ramdam siguro yung hatak sa manual because of the 160nm torque.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Mas ramdam siguro yung hatak sa manual because of the 160nm torque.
    Kung NA engine yan, you need to shift every 4K rpm if you want to make full use of that peak torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung NA engine yan, you need to shift every 4K rpm if you want to make full use of that peak torque.

4K !!
    worried na nga ako kung hindi pa mag-shift at 2.5K .

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    4K !!
    worried na nga ako kung hindi pa mag-shift at 2.5K .
    Nakakalimutan ng most people na yung peak torque ng gas NA engines is only achieved at higher rpms.

For turbo engines, it is lower between 1500 to 2500 rpm depending on the engine.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast