New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Patrol 3, maybe 4km/l on a good day. LC200 does 6km/l. Resale value will kill the Patrol, no one would dare touch a Petrol V8 in the Philippines.
    Not you. Not me. Not 99.99% of the people on this board. Not 99.99% of car buyers. But hey you still see new v8 expeditions, new v8 f150 and f250, new v6 explorers, new v8 suburbans and yes i've seen at least 3 new patrol royales. There are also new gasoline LC200s for sale by independent dealers. Di na sana sila nagbenta kung walang bumibili.

Our assumption is, "If you can afford it." So if you can, what factors will you consider the patrol over the others. Gas consumption lang ba. Resale lang ba, as if you will care about resale value "if you can afford it". Di ba more of the features you will not find in a 4.8M land cruiser?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Some people would not dare touch diesels. Madumi, maingay mahirap i-maintain.

Those people have budgets. Ü

And here comes us, plucking these v8's at the price of a vios 10 yrs later when Vios' costs 1.5M bare.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Eto gray color , maybe from Dubai? I dont understand langugage

But i like gray talaga

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Friday, my wife and I had dinner at Las Flores BGC. The place was packed so we were seated outside. Richard Gomez and Lucy Torres was on the other table behind us. Later, they were picked up by a relatively new white Patrol Royale.

If you have the money to buy these behemoths, you surely have the money to fuel and maintain them. There is no point talking to them about the merits of fuel efficiency of diesel over gas when it does not matter to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; September 29th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I remember dati I was listening to the conversation ng kasama ko sa basketball, yung isa told the other one na magpakarga na ng full talk kasi meron daw 1+pesos increase sa diesel, and then the other one said, kaya ko nga bumile ng Toyota Prado so kaya ko din yung increase sa diesel hehehe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tapos member pa pala sa landers e di 6 petot per liter ang discount sa gas at 4 petot per liter discount sa diesel. Bakit nga naman nya intindihin yung increase hehehe!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm cool with big gasoline V8 SUVs if I buy the car already depreciated

Wag lang buy it brand new and get double whammied, paying for the gas while also losing money to depreciation. Unless it's a 'drive it to dust' type of car na hindi talaga ibebenta.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gasoline cars are severely handicapped, even if v6 or v8, if carrying big bodied cars.

Most haulers, buses, trucks, light trucks use diesel. I dont see trucks sporting gasoline engines.

So if that is how powerful diesel is, then fitting it on a big bodied SUV is a bonus in terms of load handling, and yet there is one more benefit of diesel, if caught in that new SLeX skyway extension traffic jam, diesel would stay at 8km/liter, while gasoline with 7km/liter city rating would drop to 4-5 km/liter kagad.

Diesel is king.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Last Friday, my wife and I had dinner at Las Flores BGC. The place was packed so we were seated outside. Richard Gomez and Lucy Torres was on the other table behind us. Later, they were picked up by a relatively new white Patrol Royale.

If you have the money to buy these behemoths, you surely have the money to fuel and maintain them. There is no point talking to them about the merits of fuel efficiency of diesel over gas when it does not matter to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah that’s them but not me nor you. Were talking about ordinary people here. The smartest move, the strategic move. so that we can maximize our resources holistically.

Hauling - check
    Resale value - check
    Fuel efficiency - check
    Cheaper cost per liter - check
    Classic factor - from what I can see only all old land cruisers and Lr defenders with diesel engines are sought after around the world - check hihi

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast