New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Then that's a nice thing to hear. The 2.0l is still a lot better than the 1.6l.

Pardon for the confusion but i don't know why does it state here that the only available diesel for the new x-trail is a 1.6l motor.

Nissan X-Trail - Wikipedia

That's why i couldn't think that there is still the diesel 2.0l for the new x-trail, after all.
    Perhaps the wiki page just isn't updated.

Having the 2.0L here would be great. It has around the same hp as the gas but 20% more torque available at lower rpms. Would make it a hoot to drive.

Maybe now that more EU countries are banning diesel they will find a way to dump them here.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Perhaps the wiki page just isn't updated.

Having the 2.0L here would be great. It has around the same hp as the gas but 20% more torque available at lower rpms. Would make it a hoot to drive.

Maybe now that more EU countries are banning diesel they will find a way to dump them here.
    But the thing is, those new engines that also came from renault are already rated at euro 5 so i think we'll have to wait for another decade or so for that to come here in our shores but by that time, there would probably be already a new model of the x-trail. I also hope the juke will be offered here with the diesel engine too one of these days.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Aside from our fuel being only Euro 4, the cost of the diesel units being high will also be an issue to NPI in bringing them in. But I'm still hopeful maybe they could detune them or something.

Gray market Grand Starex have been Euro 5/6 for some time now, and those still seem ok. I'm doubtful those gray market guys do anything to the KDM units they sell here.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Aside from our fuel being only Euro 4, the cost of the diesel units being high will also be an issue to NPI in bringing them in. But I'm still hopeful maybe they could detune them or something.

Gray market Grand Starex have been Euro 5/6 for some time now, and those still seem ok. I'm doubtful those gray market guys do anything to the KDM units they sell here.
    They should at least try to price it competitively like what VW Ph did with the diesel polo. Only under P1m but it has a good crdi engine. However, excise tax will also start affecting the prices of the new models starting next year, which will make it more difficult for them to price it like that.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    They should at least try to price it competitively like what VW Ph did with the diesel polo. Only under P1m but it has a good crdi engine. However, excise tax will also start affecting the prices of the new models starting next year, which will make it more difficult for them to price it like that.
    I think VW have production units in the ASEAN region which makes them zero tariff. That makes them competitive. When Mazda starts producing the CX-5 in Malaysia they can price it lower than current prices even after the excise tax hike. The diesel Xtrail is only made in the EU I think. Gas versions come from Japan. Nissan needs to put up production in ASEAN to lower their prices if they want a bigger share of the market.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ASEAN China Free Trade Agreement (ACFTA) will start 2018 ... Chinese-made vehicles that have engine displacements from 1500cc to 3000cc previously had a 30% tariff, but by 2018, that could drop to just 5% or even lower ... VW, Audi has factories in China ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Any price drop on outgoing model?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    etong Nissan over the years ang nakita ko na tulog ata ang management. its like they are living in a different world. helo! bumebenta na ang Urvan 350 at Navarra nyo, what does it say! maglabas na kayo ng diesel suv sumaryosep, it doesnt even to be a new PPV, kahit yun xtrail diesel lang. partida pa nga kayo lumang modelo yan, di tulad ng Honda, naglabas ng bago pero binagsak presyo para lang makabenta against ppv.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^^Bibili ka ba ng x-trail nila kung sakaling dalhin nila ang diesel variants dito?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ASEAN China Free Trade Agreement (ACFTA) will start 2018 ... Chinese-made vehicles that have engine displacements from 1500cc to 3000cc previously had a 30% tariff, but by 2018, that could drop to just 5% or even lower ... VW, Audi has factories in China ...
    Didn't know they didn't have factories in ASEAN.. With the ACFTA they won't need to, I suppose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast