New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jefskie View Post
    yup hindi nga, ^___^ lalabas na yung saken this coming july 5 birthday gift ni erpats hehehe 1.8 variant white
    Gift, as in free? Wow! That's nice of your dad. I will also be celebrating my birthday on July. My sylphy will be financed by my dad and pay when able. but still, I need to part with my 5 year old accent as my share.

This is why I hate going to malls. I saw the sylphy there and I love it! My dad also love it after the test drive! I was just planning on getting the 1.6 via loan but my dad insisted that I get the 1.8 and he will help me buy it! Looks like he will be borrowing the car in the future!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yup hindi nga, ^___^ lalabas na yung saken this coming july 5 birthday gift ni erpats hehehe 1.8 variant white
    Gift, as in free? Wow! That's nice of your dad. I will also be celebrating my birthday on July. My sylphy will be financed by my dad and pay when able. but still, I need to part with my 5 year old accent as my share.

This is why I hate going to malls. I saw the sylphy there and I love it! My dad also love it after the test drive! I was just planning on getting the 1.6 via loan but my dad insisted that I get the 1.8 and he will help me buy it! Looks like he will be borrowing the car in the future!

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    Nice review sphynx! I am already excited to get our 1.8 on Monday! So the fuel is 95 RON. I hope there won't be a knocking issue if it is filled up with 91RON. I will be using unioil Euro4 gasoline. What color did you get? Still in nissan north edsa?

By the way, I heard on the news that LTO will start apprehending cars with no plates starting August 1. So the no plate no travel policy will be in effect by then. They blame the dealers for not claiming almost 7,000 plates in ncr alone. Since we will be getting the random plate, I hope it will be much faster.
    I think as with all usual models (unless specifically specified - hehe!), the ECU will adjust with the 91 RON rating. But it mentions near the last page of the manual chapter 9 page 4, that 95 RON is the ideal recommended. No knocking should be present with the 91 RON if everything is in order. (See EDIT 1 Below for clarification)

But I will test out and try and empty out the 91 RON and top up with 97RON to see how that changes performance and maybe FC (although too early to tell really).

Regarding the plates, I asked Nissan and as per them, right now, LTO is still serving new vehicles that were released December 2013. So we are still a ways off if and when they can serve it. Besides, their fault is what is causing the plate delays, I thought the conduction sticker ending number would suffice as a "color coding" compliance anyway if that is the issue?

I read 2 articles on the net because of what you said, and they are saying if they can manage to release their backlog, August 1 is the intended implementation date. But it is with no finality as of now. As per the LTO spokesman, they have plates for vehicles that were sold/registered for February 2014 already. So that leaves March to June which is not served officially.

I got Deep Iris Gray =) I really wish they had the Nismo Blue color that other markets have =) I think that looks quite nice, but the grey and white we have in our market is quite lovely, followed by the Silver then the black (this is entirely personaly preference) because the black color kind of makes the Sylphy look smaller.

Gusto ko na itakbo sa expressway to try and open it up but tied up with work currently.

Oh, I did see the rustproofing applied underneath, and the "Sylphy" floor mats are included (I didn't ask for the floor mat), plus the umbrella. I know it is chump change but happy I got it.

I did request for the EWD and my agent said she will "gift" it on delivery and it was =). So for those who are not yet in possession of your Sylphy, do ask your agents if they could include it =). Installment yung akin so I guess mabilis makiusap.

Yes, Nissan North Edsa kinuha. The experience was a breeze and thumbs up to my Sales Agent/Advisor.

Sayang lang I forgot to tell them not to peel off the plastic off the carpet. Hehe! 2008 Honda City namin kasi up to now nakaplastic pa din yung carpet. If you peek inside, the carpet is still relatively new and "clean". Oh well.

EDIT 1: Grabbed the manual to be sure.

For MRA8DE Engine
    Except for Thailand and Iraq - Use UNLEADED REGULAR with at least 91 RON

FOR HR16DE (What I got)
    Except for Thailand - USE UNLEADED PREMIUM with at least 95 RON
    If unleaded premium gasoline is not used, UNLEADED REGULAR of at least 91 RON maybe used at slighty reduced performance. However, for max vehicle performance and best driveability, use UNLEADED PREMIUM is recommended.

EDIT 2: Glad they made the Bridgestone Ecopia as the stock tires used for the vehicle. I've always wanted to try them out but hesitate because I don't know how well they would fare in the real world. Each rubber SRP costs about 4.2k. If it is good for 65000 miles, or about 100,000kms like the EP422, Then I hope it does last at least 60,000kms or 6 years for me.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Wow. Congratulations to the new owners of the Sylphy! When I had my Navara in for servicing at Nissan North Edsa, I inspected the two new sedans and they looked great and huge for their class. Sana nga lang they had more colors available than the standard white-black gradient.

Start an owner's list since growing na yung owners parang Username - Trim - Color.
    And can the mods change the thread title to 2014 Nissan Sylphy aka Sentra para official.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    sana may mga mag post ng sylphy nila. pagnakuha ko yung saken ill post it agad!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    nismo.jpg

Although this is an altima.

I was searching for the nismo blue that sphinx had mention and I come across this cool photo.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    nismo.jpg

Although this is an altima.

I was searching for the nismo blue that sphinx had mention and I come across this cool photo.
    It's called graphite blue. Had to use a US postal code just to get into the Build your Nissan Option. =)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It was only last Sat when I realized how big Sylphy really is. At Rockwell, I parked beside a BMW 3-series (E90?) and I was surprised to find that it's lower, shorter and slimmer. Not sure about the F30 though.

I bought Mother's car shampoo and 3M hand polish (?) and some 3M mitts. Have you guys found a trunk (cargo) tray that'll closely fit our B17s?

Browsing Nissan US site, there's an Intelligent Key upgrade for Pathfinder with button for Remote Engine Start. I wonder if it'll also work with our B17 (sounds like a WW2 Bomber, no?). Still doing some research. If our dealers can program it for free, it'll be cool. Key is around $300 (before discounts) for a pair.

Have you guys (and girls) been able to activate the 10kmh autolock? I have had no luck, despite following the stated procedure (or maybe I wasn't doing it correctly). North EDSA said they can activate it via Consult (some kind of car computer) but I wasn't able to go back yet.

Currently at 610kms. SPORT mode is addicting! I know it's the CVT delaying the shift which makes the car a whole lot livelier and faster (like a tiger on a leash!) but man, it's like a turbo button. hehe. At a press of a button, the car goes wild. Of course, at the cost of fuel efficiency, I am sure but hey, it's break-in period so we have a valid excuse.

Being a cheapskate, I normally load it with 91 RON (the cheapest fuel available) but seeing the note of 17Sphinx on the manual, which I have only skimmed, i will try more expensive fuels. What are your impressions with different "special" fuels?

Whenever the fuel empty alerts (or when the Distance to empty is "----", I normally have the tank full and I only get up to 40 Liters. Does that mean we have a reserve of about 12 Liters (since apparently, according to the brochure, the car has a 52L tank?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    sir horsepower., can you please take a picture of "sport mode button?" wala kasi akong nakita sa display unit sa southwoods..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir horsepower., can you please take a picture of "sport mode button?" wala kasi akong nakita sa display unit sa southwoods..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Jefskie, yung sports mode button yung nasa shift lever, yung usually for "overdrive".

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy