New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi all, Last month i had my urvan oil changed sa catex after a week nag leak oil from oil filter so i tighten it myself.
    so i figure di siguro nahigpitan maigi. so the other day i decided to go to a different caltex station and have my oil change again, after a week started to leak again so i brought it back to the station and have them tighten it. guy that works there said its not tight enough. the leak is very small tho.
    my question is did this ever happend to any of you??

thanks all

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TONDOBOY1979 View Post
    Hi all, Last month i had my urvan oil changed sa catex after a week nag leak oil from oil filter so i tighten it myself.
    so i figure di siguro nahigpitan maigi. so the other day i decided to go to a different caltex station and have my oil change again, after a week started to leak again so i brought it back to the station and have them tighten it. guy that works there said its not tight enough. the leak is very small tho.
    my question is did this ever happend to any of you??

thanks all
    hindi naman kaya yung oil filter eh hindi swak lalo na kung hindi oem kaya nagle-leak...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Possibly there's a defect with the seal of the oil filter or the size may be slightly off. What's the filter model you're using? OEM? VIC?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hand tight lang pwede na sa oil filter eh.. hindi naman basta mag leak yan basta naka lapat yung rubber seal.. inspect mo yung oil filter seat baka may tama

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    update; last time i checked the oil fitter seems no leak but still under close watch tho.
    Thanks to all that reply to my query.