New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Yes, it's finally here. After 3 years, NMPI finally brought us the new Sentra.

I saw it this afternoon while I was at SM Mall of Asia.

(Sorry for the poor picture quality. I used my old phone to take the pics.)

Silver: '10 Nissan Sentra 200 CVT [PHP 1,150,000.00]
    Black: '10 Nissan Sentra 200 6M/T [PHP 1,050,000.00]

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine: MR20DE / L4 DOHC 16V
    Displacement: 1,997 cc
    Max Power: 140 hp / 5,100 rpm
    Max Torque: 199 Nm / 4,800 rpm
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 55 L
    Transmission: 6 M/T or XTronic CVT

Front Suspension:
    McPherson Strut w/ Stabilizer & Shock Absorber w/ Integral Ripple Control Damper and Rebound
    Rear Suspension:
    Torsion Beam w/ Coil Spring & Shock Absorber w/ Integral Ripple Control Damper and Rebound

Front Brakes: Ventilated Disc
    Rear Brakes: Drum

Tires & Wheels:
    [200 6MT] 205/60HR 15 / 15 x 6.5JJ Full Cover Steel Rim (4 holes)
    [200 CVT] 205/55HR 16 / 16 x 6.5JJ Allloy (4 holes)

Steering: Rack & Pinion w/ EPS
    Steering Column: Tilt Adjustment
    Steering Wheel: 3 Spoke Steering Wheel [w/ Audio Controls for 200 CVT]

Audio: 6-speaker 2DIN AM/FM/CD/MP3 + AUX and iPod input

Airbag: Driver and Passenger
    ABS: [200 6MT] Not Available; [200 CVT] Standard w/ EBD

-------------------

For an entry price of PHP 1,050,000.00 [6MT], I think it's too expensive even for a 2.0L compact sedan since this model doesn't have ABS, and it still uses stamped steel wheels with wheel covers. The car is well-built in the inside and on the outside, and the design looks clean, though not really exciting. Well, just my 2 cents.

Let's wait for the auto review authorities for further words...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    steel rims and hub caps for 1m++ ?!?
    Nissan ano kayo hilo?!

Kung gusto nyo bumenta iyan in any significant quantities introduce more variants with a price point more or less 900t. Make it 1.8 or 1.6 or something pero wag naman yun mukhang tinipid like steel wheels. Kun kaya ng toyota, honda, ford etc. magbenta ng 800 o 900T na fully equipped at ABS pa dapat ganun din.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The front looks like this.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    at least, hindi na nababangga ang ulo at tuhod ko sa pagpasok at paglabas..
    and playing with the rear seats and rear trunk was fun..
    but yes, it does seem too expensive.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    steel rims and hub caps for 1m++ ?!?
    Nissan ano kayo hilo?!

Kung gusto nyo bumenta iyan in any significant quantities introduce more variants with a price point more or less 900t. Make it 1.8 or 1.6 or something pero wag naman yun mukhang tinipid like steel wheels. Kun kaya ng toyota, honda, ford etc. magbenta ng 800 o 900T na fully equipped at ABS pa dapat ganun din.
    Tama ka diyan, it's already at PHP 1M where you expect alloy wheels and ABS. That was also my first question if they have a lower displacement variant. Yes, they have those variants... for the old N16 Version 2 body.

On the positive side, the new Sentra looks WAAAAAAAAY better than the old N16 that has been around here for too long. It's also very spacious at the back seat, unlike the N16 where my knees touch the front seats.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    at least, hindi na nababangga ang ulo at tuhod ko sa pagpasok at paglabas..
    Ganun din nangyayari sa akin dati

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The problem is there may be no 1.8L variant of this Sentra. In US, there are only 2.0 and 2.5L variants. Maybe they can put the engine of Grand Livina when it is locally assembled.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    The problem is there may be no 1.8L variant of this Sentra. In US, there are only 2.0 and 2.5L variants. Maybe they can put the engine of Grand Livina when it is locally assembled.
    I don't think the new Sentra is locally assembled for now, which might have contributed to the high base price. Napansin ko yung speedometer kanina may MPH readout.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonbeamTURBO View Post
    I don't think the new Sentra is locally assembled for now, which might have contributed to the high base price. Napansin ko yung speedometer kanina may MPH readout.
    most probably imported nga.

i like nissan lalo na yun navara pero sa ginagawa nila nakakainis huli na nga new sentra parang ayaw pa pagbutihan ang model line up.
    kung ako Nissan be more competitive! 1.6, 1.8, manual, cvt, diesel variant dalhin narin pati nila dito yung bagong x-trail diesel mas okay kung ma match or better ma under-cut nila presyo ng hyundai tucson na diesel. Poof=sales!

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    *moonbeam, thanks for sharing the pictures,

yeah, its that expensive... grabe... the 2.0 manual's equipment level is close to that of their 1.4 EX Saloon of the past... way lower pa because of the steel wheels!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
2010 Nissan Sentra