New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 114 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    need feedbacks from you guys im planing to buy one eh. tnx!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobots View Post
    need feedbacks from you guys im planing to buy one eh. tnx!
    It's bigger than the Aveo you are comparing in another thread. Riding comfort is adequate for five adults (not 2 adults and three 13 year old girls) and enough leg room at the rear seats AND front seats. Seats are comfy enough for long distance driving.

Performance is.... er.... "adequate" to get you from point A to B even if fully loaded. Fuel economy is good as long as you keep the engine revs low. The suspension is somewhat "medium" to me as it an be subjective from person to person.

A/C is cold. The base model's A/C controls could be better though since the blower control knob is kinda on the small size.

Overall, if you like the current Sentra's styling, it's an "honest" car offering you transportation but without any PR BS about being sporty or executive class.

Note: if you are interested, you can have your new Sentra converted to LPG and still retain the warranty.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 15th, 2008 at 07:42 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    tnx for replying...now im confused between 2008 lancer gls and this sentra...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobots View Post
    tnx for replying...now im confused between 2008 lancer gls and this sentra...
    Best way is to go to the dealers and ask for a test drive so you can find out for yourself how it is to drive them. Given you will be owning the car for years, it's best to be sure on your purchase.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Well. I consider the current Sentra as a "no frills" car. Not very attractive but can do the job of ferrying people.

IMO, it is better than the Aveo sedan.

But I will pick the base Lancer GLX/GLS over the Sentra. I think the Mitsu has styling and a bit more "character".

Take home message: see, feel, and drive it for yourself... go to some dealerhips to find out..you'll know ano ang kursunada mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The car that you fall in love with during the test drive will be the car for you. Even if its hyundai, honda, toyota, mazda , nissan etc.. no one can tell you otherwise what will be the best for you, you will know for yourself.

This forum is a tool for you to see what spec each car has to offer, and check it against your needs and budget. But preference and taste is unique and I am really disappointed on how some people will continually put you down or say 'sigurado ka na ba dyan' if you do not consider buying what they bought. Weird thing really.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *Dinobot

What is your function for this car you are choosing?... Personal transport?... Family use? Just yourself or 3 to 5 people with you riding in the car?... In city or expressway use? Cargo capacity important, if yes, how much cargo space?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hi Dinobots,

I just bought one as a birthday present to myself. At first, Mitsu GLX is my choice. but after test driving it, and seeing it for real.. fell in love with it...

very good AC; very big body; roomy interior compared to the Vios where my legs barely fit; very big trunk space.

i got the sterling silver color GX. had the door handles and the side mirrors color-keyed..

ganda na..

handling is okay as well..
    can't comment yet on FC..

im still below 500 on the ODO..
    malakas na sa gas dahil nde pa fully na b-break-in..

very happy with...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    What's the difference bet. the GX M/T Power (Php 605,000.00) and GX M/T Standard (Php 585,000.00)?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    GX M/T is GX M/T (Power) without centralized locking doors, power windows and Alloy wheels(Steel Rims only).

Page 1 of 114 123451151101 ... LastLast
2008 Nissan Sentra 1.3GX