New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    What do you guys think about the revamped 2007 Nissan Patrol Safari Edition? A friend of mine is getting a luxury SUV (budget 2.5M) and he's seriously considering this one. Is it worth it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're not going off-road, just look somewhere else. The Nissan Patrol is a very compromised vehicle. It's just like a tank in a tuxedo. The ride is harsh and bouncy if you come from a car, the cabin is not as spacious as the body suggests, and the interior materials will make you feel right at home in a Nissan Sentra (not that there's anything wrong with the Sentra, but at Php2.5M++ I expect something better).

Nevertheless, I still love Nissan Patrols. Hey, love must be blind.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    considering the size and power to weight ratio..medyo mbgat patrol and if diesel kunin mo mbgal tlga...if patrol fan ka tlga..hintayin mo un lalabas na bagong patrol...try nyo visit australian bwesite bka may mkita kyo bgo patrol..sa parts and maintenance..medyo mataas....unlike ibang suv...sa resale value mbba...if ako on my opinion..il go for toyota prado...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. You'll be seeing lots of Everest, Santa Fe, Fortuner, etc. taillights if you drive a Patrol. :D

Parts and maintenance are expensive via dealership aka stealership. DIY maintenance and acquiring parts from third-party suppliers is not that hard. Do keep in mind that you have to go back to the dealership for the duration of the warranty if you do not want to void it.

The Patrol is a good platform if you have off-road aspirations. Everything from an on-board water tank to underbody armor is readily available in the market as long as you have the $$$.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ok naman siguro choice yan

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    while i love Patrols, understand that from a technical point of view, these are machines designed for the wild. other choices would be better for on-pavement driving.

the patrol is a huge beast but is relatively tiny inside, with a useless third-row seat and scant cargo space. visibility is quite poor because of the small glass and the barn doors with the external spare. it's tough to park this thing. step-up height is as high as the empire state building. the ride is choppy. power with the 3.0-liter diesel is middling.

but off-road, it's king, and it's extremely difficult to break a patrol.

then again, if you like the patrol's looks, then go right ahead. a car purchase is as much about emotion (if not more) as reason

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Patrol is not bad, it's great at what it does. But if you expect it to be cushy-tushy luxo SUV, you're in for a rude awakening. By then you'd have parted with your Php2M big ones. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    2.5M + monthy driver salary are all that it takes to enjoy this tank

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My uncle had a GU. Tall step in height and a rear wheel arch that intrudes into the door opening hamper entry/exit. Inside you are greeted by a cramped back seat and low set cushions. Never really tried the forward facing third row seats for any significant period of time but at size 11, my shoes won't fit in the provided wheel well anymore if I don't resort to wierd contortions. Not really that fun. And that's before you hit the road.

Ride-wise, it rides like a Fortuner on 50psi tires. Maybe a Php50k suspension kit can solve that but a Hyundai Sta. Fe or Ford Expedition already rides well enough from the factory.

Aside from the niggles mentioned in the previous posts, there are lots of other things to like about the Troll.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    super safari is not bad. although yung 4.8L V8 petrol engine ang nasubukan ko. throttle response is not bad. masikip nga lang sa loob and the ride is a little harsh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2007 Nissan Patrol Super Safari