New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    my car is finally at the body shop years after i did the door damage (me vs. cement post). two reasons that my dealer offered me, cheaper and faster repair, and this "skyline" loaner - 07 infiniti g35.

the loaner program is one of the big pluses of infiniti ownership here in the u.s. any appointment or service over a few hours comes usually with a loaner car. since i have the car for about a week, i might as well share my "nontechnical auto driver" experience here.

the car looks much better than pictures. compared to previous models, the 07 is less blocky, much more curvy, but still looks aggressive. some features: rwd, 5spd auto, 3.5L VQ35DE HR, keyless ignition, 18 inch wheels, 13 inch rotors, bi-xenon headlights, twin air intakes, dual chrome exhaust, and most are the typical entry level lux sedan features.

more info and pics soon.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    here's a few more hid and tail light pics. i tried my best to get the best angle:

here's a pic of the wheels:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    here's what's responsible for my driving experience. an updated 306hp 3.5L 6 cyl VQ engine.

this is actually historic for me - my first time driving a car with over 300 horsepower. the previous g's i have driven were at 260hp (nice) and 280hp (wow!). the new g35, with the same but "high revving" VQ35DE, at 306hp takes it to another level as if there is a need for more power. at speeds under 30mph, the engine and exhaust barely makes a sound, and the gas pedal feels heavy as if it is daring you to push it further. at a certain point, the pedal then lightens up, the engine starts to growl, and this and this thing gets possessed. infiniti designed the air (twin symmetrical intakes) and exhaust system to open more to generate more power rapidly during acceleration. there is a sudden surge once i hit 3k rpm and this thing loves to rev swiftly to 5, 6k close to its 7.5k redline. i guess this is what infiniti meant by acceleration swell. my actual first words soon as i enter the freeway was "holy ____!" i thought i was accelerating normally trying to get to the "fast" lane 3 lanes away when i noticed i am already at 80mph! even at 90mph, this g still pins me back on my seat if i push the pedal a little harder! i drove this car for about a week and a half struggling not to jackrabbit from stop. this g, reportedly capable of 0-60 in low to mid 5 secs., is borderline between fast and scary fast. like the previous g's the ride is firm, stable, and there is constant road connection and feedback. the go kart feeling is there, though at times the car feels heavier. the exhaust note is much more mellower than before, nearly making the previous ones, including my fx, on the obnoxious side. i prefer the sound of my fx or the previous g's.

update: i already got my car back and looking forward to driving another g when the next service is due. oh yeah, there are other features. ill share it next time.
    Last edited by MXFX; May 14th, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wow... inggit!

How's the interior compared to Infinitis of old? I've heard older Nissans have plasticky interiors... does Infiniti have the same problem?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yup, nissan/infiniti usually does some cost cutting on the interior. the 03 g35 has lots of plastic that i noticed once i sat in, at least the one i drove (i.e. a slab of plastic covering the entire section between the front seats). the 05 g35's has improved interior. ill see if i can find a pic for comparison.

on this current gen, the interior is more upscale, has less and better use of plastics, multicolor dash display (amber on previous gen), nicely padded and bolstered seats, tilting, telescoping steering wheel and dash display, and memory settings. one neat thing when i adjust the seat is that the steering wheel and all the mirrors adjust as well. the bolstered seats feels a little more supportive especially the drivers'.

next, some problems.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    They're nice cars. My wife's cousin traded in her 99 Maxima for a 06 G35 AWD.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sayang I wonder what they would say if you took one to a track. May GPS locator ba yan hehe?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    300+ hp na pala ang G35??

very tempting

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ok ah. they provide a loan car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow... 300+hp from a 3.5L V6...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport (hiram)