New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Good day!

2005 Nissan Sentra GX 1.3L A/T

Parked vehicle gone underwater with the battery dying on it. Moved it to CASA for repair and so far these are the parts that they found damaged.

A/C Blower
    Instrument Panel
    Power Window Switch (all doors)
    Spiral Cable
    Resistor Block

(all of these costs a staggering P100k plus already plus the labor)

Can these parts still be repaired? CASA don't repair damaged parts, they freaking tell you to replace it! Where can I have these parts repaired for a reasonable price?

I'm also willing to buy a 'surplus' for these parts, but where? My last option is...well CASA.

Vehicle's engine already running, the car not yet. It's under observation (daw), so I guess the ECU is fine, I'm just hoping that the Transmission module is OK as well. Please help because I don't have such amount to spend. If it goes beyond 150k then I might as well buy another 2nd hand car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, it is expected to cost you an arm and a leg if you brought it to the casa.

You can try checking the following thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1365161

Last edited by ghosthunter; November 25th, 2009 at 02:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramones View Post
    Good day!

Parked vehicle gone underwater with the battery dying on it. Moved it to CASA for repair and so far these are the parts that they found damaged.

A/C Blower
    Instrument Panel
    Power Window Switch (all doors)
    Spiral Cable
    Resistor Block

(all of these costs a staggering P100k plus already plus the labor)

Can these parts still be repaired? CASA don't repair damaged parts, they freaking tell you to replace it! Where can I have these parts repaired for a reasonable price?

I'm also willing to buy a 'surplus' for these parts, but where? My last option is...well CASA.

Vehicle's engine already running, the car not yet. It's under observation (daw), so I guess the ECU is fine, I'm just hoping that the Transmission module is OK as well. Please help because I don't have such amount to spend. If it goes beyond 150k then I might as well buy another 2nd hand car.

If thats the case na tumatakbo na pala engine and tranny is fine and wala naman fault nung nagdiagnose... you can take it out and look for a good mechanic/technician / auto electrician.. yung mga nabanggit nyo na parts for repalcement is for A/C and other car's accesories lang naman eh.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^Problem is the car haven't been road-tested yet. After cleaning, the CASA just tested to run the engine (not the car), and so far the engine works, that at least gave me some breather hoping the ECU is 100% alive. I guess they can't test the Transmission Control Module yet because the car is not yet running and they said they won't road-test the car without the Instrument Panel! That's why I'm looking for repairers of the mentioned parts because the brand new price of those parts from CASA are damn expensive!

Another problem is, the CASA is willing to give the damaged parts to me so I can have it serviced outside but I guess all outside technician's need the car as well to test the parts for repair. But I can't pull out the whole car altogether thinking what if the tecnician can't repair the damaged parts? Of course, I'll bring my car back to CASA again! And worst, it'll wait for its turn again to be serviced!

And the SA told me that they can't guarantee yet that the ECU and Transmission Control Module is 100% working even if the ECU already made the engine run not unless it's already road-tested and the instrument panel and their diagnostics shows no weird problems anymore. As the SA told me, there are instances (daw) that the ECU can make the engine run but when they try to road-test it there's no pull (wala o mahina ang hatak, or namamatay makina), and they traced it back to the ECU causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by danieyoyo View Post
    If thats the case na tumatakbo na pala engine and tranny is fine and wala naman fault nung nagdiagnose... you can take it out and look for a good mechanic/technician / auto electrician.. yung mga nabanggit nyo na parts for repalcement is for A/C and other car's accesories lang naman eh.
    No sir, the tranny is NOT YET fine because the car has not been road-tested yet. Well, the A/C Blower, Power Window Switch and Resistor Block I can live without them yet. But the Instrument Panel is really that important together with the Spiral Cable (this is the cable daw within the steering wheel).

What should I do sirs? Suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    casa doesnt really repair kasi.. the always replace parts.. try looking for a good auto electrician for the pannel.. pero if im the mechanic dyan.. ihahang ko yung front wheel nyan and test the run. nalubog lang naman yan eh.. para sakin lang naman