New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Would just like to receive feedback on this van...
    seats 10,
    with A/V entertainment package,
    fresh and clean tan leather interior,
    all lights working perfectly,
    6-disc plus 1 front face CD player,
    super-cool Calsonic aircon,
    SR20DE engine,
    automatic tranny,
    PPG silver,
    31,250 kilometers only,
    basically original in everything....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can upgrade it to the 8 seater version with the tracked seats. The 10 seater configuration was just a local adaptation to circumvent previously existing tax laws.

Inspect the unit carefully as with any pre-owned vehicle. Check all necessary paperworks, too.

SR20's were never known for fuel economy but it makes adequate power.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thank you sir, that's the next step to do...check the papers.
    What I've read about the van's spec sheet was that the SR20's do 8 Km/L.... a guzzler
    on today's standard, right? Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've heard of problems with the original batch of ATs from some Nissan service workers, but this may have been alleviated by the 2002 model. I heard these stories back in 2000 pa...

Considering it's a relatively heavy car with a gas engine and an automatic transmission, expect it to guzzle compared to a 2.0 car. Still, the SR20 is a great engine and the Serena's handling is supposed to be pretty good compared to other vans of its time.

I agree with OTEP, convert it to an 8-seater. Nissan's local seating configurations in their small-medium vans are too cramped! I sometimes wished we'd uninstalled the third row of the Vanette and just left the captain's chairs and the fourth row.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

i just wish nissan would really release a 2.5L neo-vvl turbo diesel, same as the patrol engine, but only 2.5L...

i like it, but its a guzzler....why not a manual? this is some of the instances why i choose jdm convert than our local ones....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Eherm... The local Serena does have a manual version. And I think that one's a better buy than the AT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    how much?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The m/t versions can go for around 400K++... and it gets around 8-9km/L... the a/t versions do around 5-6 i heard. Drove the manual around Subic before and it was a-ok.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    I've heard of problems with the original batch of ATs from some Nissan service workers, but this may have been alleviated by the 2002 model. I heard these stories back in 2000 pa...
    was the serena already available locally in 2000?
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    QRV-R is AT.

base Serena is MT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2002 Nissan Serena QRV-R A/T, reaction....