New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I finally found a car that fits our budget (P200K) that has a high year (Year 2000) model. Any insights about this car guys? This is going to be our 1st ever car.

Any inputs on its:

1. Reliability/Fuel efficiency etc..
    2. Re-sale value
    3. Things to look out for
    4. Maintenance tips (for those who own this same model)
    5. Things to check when inspecting a prospective unit
    6. Common problems with this car.

My girlfriend and I will just use it for office to home travel (we work at ABS and live nearby - Balintawak) Some provincial drives (probably twice in a month) to Pangasinan.

Is this an ok choice guys?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    it's a good choice. suspiciously cheap for a 2000 model. oh wait it's a sentra FE. that's just about right. power steering only, everything else is "pawis mode." pretty reliable though a bit kalampagin and less sound insulation it being an entry-level model. fuel consumption is OK, around 12-14 km/L according to a friend who has one.

resale value is through the floor. that's why it's cheap for you. the cars with low resale value are good for their 2nd owners. but don't count on there being a 3rd owner.. parts are OK.

i don't think your 200k will buy a better car. enough said.

(well there is that 1999 mazda 626 (still) on autolink.ph for 208k.. which is arguably a better car, bigger, power everything, beefy engine.. but gas-guzzling and parts cost an arm and a leg)

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hey Thanks Orly!

Do you guys know of any other sites I can browse over for other options? I only know of tsikot and Car Finder (I buy the mags)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mura yan being a 2000 model.. medyo matipid sa gas being a 1.3L (?) model.. malamig pa aircon.. just check it thoroughly at make sure na walang major accident na nangyari sa car..

here's another LINK

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks Raikonen!

By the way, are the 2000 Nissan FE models off the hook na re: the Aircon ban na bago ng LTO?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i own a '99 EX Saloon and R-134a na ang gamit na freon nito.. considering na later model yan kaya i assume okay na yan..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ummm sa alam ko may cefiro na manual for mga 200k plus although fuel efficiecy ang kalaban

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Si sir niky yung FE lover dito. AFAIK, the best thing about Nissans is the A/C. Calsonic rules!

You know, just add 50-60k and you get a '96 VTEC. Very roomy, surprisingly good ride quality and mileage would be est 8km/l, and you get to kick my slow-M20-engined-ass (except on the highway, mind you).

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ha ha ha ha...
    Cool Flagg. Well, really nice inputs guys. But 200K is the most I can push for. Anyway, uts the first naman. I just want good value for one of my biggest purchases ever. Are the 99 Nissan EX ok with Fuel consumption and ride comfort? I'm pretty particular with engine noise and hum. I just want my 1st one to be 'kalampag free', not too much engine noise inside, and when I listen to the stereo, clear. So noise inside the car is pretty much something I want to consider also.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Calsonic rules!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1st Car for P200K budget: 2000 Nissan FE - Is this Ok?