New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The east side and alabang/south people seem very active.

Calling people from the north... Calling everyone from QC, please identify yourselves and holler back!

Btw -- I find the newish 60kph speed limit on Commonwealth a tad extreme. What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioKnight View Post
    The east side and alabang/south people seem very active.

Calling people from the north... Calling everyone from QC, please identify yourselves and holler back!

Btw -- I find the newish 60kph speed limit on Commonwealth a tad extreme. What do you guys think?
    Haha! Tingin ko din, nakakainip! Ok lang sana kung lahat sumusunod kaya lang di naman eh.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bwiseat View Post
    Haha! Tingin ko din, nakakainip! Ok lang sana kung lahat sumusunod kaya lang di naman eh.
    The 60kph limit gives cops the chance to prey on unsuspecting motorists.

Just today, i was driving along commonwealth towards qc circle. I noticed there were cops on the UP footbridge. You can easily miss them if you are not paying attention. They had a [SIZE="3"]speed gun[/SIZE]. About 500m away, there's a HOARD of cops catching LOTS of motorists.

I'm all for road safety. It's just my opinion that 60kph can be unnaturally slow for an 8 lane highway (each direction). A lot of these cars were going 70-80kph. For the width of the road and volume of cars (it was an odd time), 70 or 80kph is by no means reckless speeding. But since 60kph is the limit, I follow. It's a good thing I typically drive slow anyway. Hehe

[SIZE="4"]I still want to give kudos to the cops today for their crackdown on useless crime. [/SIZE]

I just hope none of their relatives were being robbed while they were stopping hoards of commonwealth 80kph speed demons.

Northern Tsikoteers