New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    For documentation purposes, so I could monitor my spending at the same time; also, let this be a guide for others too who have the same vehicle model, I'll be updating this from time to time so, let the motoring gods be good on me henceforth.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    a bit of history,

as a kid, i enjoyed watching episodes of "Car Guys" on the local 20-something numbered UHF channels, guys not getting too greasy but doing a hell lotta work that probably could save you a few hundreds too as compared to bringing it to neighborhood talyer,

now me, i sure do love cars, but it is the present road situation and traffic conditions here that just makes it unbearable for me, that's why my love for cars shifted towards motorcycles,

a motorcycle's all fine and dandy, easy to maintain, heaps of fun to ride around and consumes a third less than its 4-wheeled road brothers, however, just a few downsides like limited cargo space and continuous wet riding conditions shifts the favorability back to the cages (cars, that is),

scouring the internet for more than a year, i was able to finally set my sights on one utilitarian vehicle that best suits my liking (and budget constraints)

as posted a few weeks back,

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    from behind, ah yes, an alternative entry point, where you can dump yer "load" IYKWIS (ifyahknowatimsayin)

Did I see one of those bullet-hole stickers? I remember they were very popular about 10 years ago... BTW that's a nice pickup. Which engine does it have?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    haha, before i brought it home, at a gas station along cainta (where the previous owner lives) i immediately took the sticker off; this particular model has the A12 engine, "sampaloc" type sabi nga ng iba

I must confess I like these bullet-mark stickers...

So, what 'bout a SR20DET swap?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    well, i really don't know, even if i did have the funds to, i'd still keep this 'lil truck as close to the economic fuel grid line as close as possible, it is after all my daily utilitarian drive-around vehicle so to speak

Sure. With the always-rising fuel costs it's good to have an economic ride...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    to start things off, first batch of goodies

oil filter ---------------------------------- 150.00
    timing chain ------------------------------ 600.00
    rear brake shoe set ---------------------- 450.00
    right hand tail lamp ---------------------- 400.00
    speedometer cable ----------------------- 450.00
    4 pcs. spark plugs ------------------------ 380.00

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    goodies were purchased mostly from, wherelse, the QC-wide famous Banawe car haven district, and a few from Recto/Binondo; selection of parts were done just to be able to familiarize myself with the future costs and of what needs to be replaced asap as compared to what could still make do for the time being considering current financial situation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast