New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by batusai_jr View Post
    when i was a newbie, i started to borrow a Wave type of underbone from our messenger and guard. i tried it twice then i bought R150... it relly isn't that hard to drive a motorcycle if you knew how to ride a bicycle... your skills will develop eventually... nasa iyo na yun kung paano ka magdrive... i am not saying na you are not better with driving schools, but what i am saying is that kahit sa driving schools ka pa mag aral... if you wanna break rule and be reckless then you'd always be like that... attitude makes a Big Difference.
    I learned motorcycles on Wave-types. They're okay. But nowadays, with bikes like the Suzuki Skywave and the Mio, manufacturers are offering heavier and heavier underbones with small wheels that are fiddly to balance at low speeds and not as stable at high speeds as traditional underbones with motorcycle sized wheels. And they're marketing them towards women, to boot! IMHO, underbones and full-sized motorcycles with regular sized wheels are safer for beginning riders than those things.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I learned motorcycles on Wave-types. They're okay. But nowadays, with bikes like the Suzuki Skywave and the Mio, manufacturers are offering heavier and heavier underbones with small wheels that are fiddly to balance at low speeds and not as stable at high speeds as traditional underbones with motorcycle sized wheels. And they're marketing them towards women, to boot! IMHO, underbones and full-sized motorcycles with regular sized wheels are safer for beginning riders than those things.
    I also learned to ride a motorcycle with a Honda Wave then as time passed by, i became better then i switched to a manual clutch motorcycle.

I suggest you to buy a Honda Wave. It's the base form of motorcycles.

Best quote for a noob rider to remember is,

"Conceive like a bicycle, Occupy your space Like a Truck"

Be defensive and STAY on your Lane.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    *TS, if you feel twist and go, you can choose taiwan scooter like KYMCO and SYM, it has wide tires than underbones or hybrid scooters mas stable sa highspeed. Parts is available anywhere mostly sa caloocan.

Kung gusto mo ng matibay pricey go for european scooters like italjet dragster, beta ark, aprilla, piaggio etc.

If you feel manual shift, go for Suzuki raider150, Yamaha Sniper 135cc (manual or automatic shift).

or visit these thread www.motorcyclephilippines.com lots of scooter and motorcycle reviews here.

BTW, bihira na natin makita yung mio as in stock engine sa city, loaded na makina and transmission kaya nasabing quick and responsive. Yung stock na mio is pwede po sa beginners meron limiter sa engine ang mio and other scooters and motorcycle kaya di mo masasagad ang takbo.

I miss my kymco super8....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I prefer matics for motorcycles. Mio and Nouvo are cub type (Wave, Sniper, Shogun Type) yet sports a matic (scooter type) tranny equipped engines. Raider 150R or CBR 150 (although rare), if you're into speed.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ang matic nga lang mas malakas sa gasolina kesa sa tranny equipped .

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, pero mas tipid pa din kesa kotse, hindi pa naman din kotse level ang konsumo kaya OK pa din hehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyms View Post
    Paano ka Newbie ka? Saan ka nag-aral mag-motor? I suggest you enroll sa Honda driving school. Doon you have a choice of automatic or manual shifting na motorcycles during your lesson and can help you decide. Siguro, if you plan to move to bigger bikes you can choose the manual type kasi halos lahat ng medium to big bikes dito are the manual type. Also you learn a lot of safety habits doon sa Honda driving school.

My friend who is a biker told me that automatic big bikes used to be sold here but there was no big demand. Kaya halos lahat ng big bikes na binebenta dito ay manual shifting.
    ano kaya kung makaka-order pa ng big bikes na automatic/semi-automatic? maka-canvass nga sa motor cycle dealers. yon sana ang trip ko e, kasi nasanay na ko sa semi-automatic e, yong may 1st to 4th gear pero walang clutch, bad trip kasi pag di ka na sanay sa may clutch, namamatay ang engine pag wrong timing ang shifting mo.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Underbone , Honda wave o Yamaha Mio. Good for beginner.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    China taiwan Scoot like Sym, motoposh, racal, ram & etc
    Honda wave (no clutch)
    Bajaj Ct100 (clutch)

Yan mga pang newbie.

OT:
    Bakit ang mio halimaw karamihan kasi naka set-up na.
    naalala ko yung Civic SIR wala kana mabili na virgin pa.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mio 3 for me,soul ok din.magstart ka muna sa scooter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What bike is OK for the newbies?