New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    whenever a noisy motorcycles passes by... babies just awakens to a horrible sound. and why do they have to rev high it uneccesarily?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    whenever a noisy motorcycles passes by... babies just awakens to a horrible sound. and why do they have to rev high it uneccesarily?
    Exactly. I dont really understand why these people are so inconsiderate to rev up there rides especially at the middle of the night or early morning.

almost anyone these days can own a motorcycle or a scooter and make modifications to make them so loud. I think it should be regulated.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    meron similar lang. hinuhuli open pipes.

oo nga. anyway basta naman nuisance na pwede i reklamo.

*TS: sang lugar ka ba?
    mandaluyong.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    Exactly. I dont really understand why these people are so inconsiderate to rev up there rides especially at the middle of the night or early morning.

almost anyone these days can own a motorcycle or a scooter and make modifications to make them so loud. I think it should be regulated.

Stock motorcycles have silencers installed by the manufacturer. When these MC's are operated, they simply purr. They don't disturb.

Some riders modify their exhaust pipe to produce some ear-splitting staccato sounds that approximate their dream rides. Usually these are juvenile people who want to impress, as to what I don't know.

I think these noisy riders are in the minority but they are terrorizing the majority. Ordinances should be promulgated to reduce or eliminate these audio pollution and increase the financial coffer of our barangays at the same time by handing out fines.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sounds like you guys are talking about my frikkin' neighbors!
    Do you live in the Scouts area?

We have these neighbors who love engage in all activities that produce the biggest noise and biggest inconvenience. Their current "passion" right now is tuning small bikes to produce the loudest car alarm triggering exhaust sound.
    Come night time, their barkadas will start driving in in their fast-and-the-furious decorated cars and will double park making traffic difficult. They'd then spend the rest of the night revving both motorycycle and car.

If you approach them, they'll politely tone down.. but after an hour, get back to their noisy ways. If you confront them again, they'd again tone down but get back an hour later. No result when reported to our baranggay either.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hehe..and if will...

ban noisy cages too...

or you can simply cover your ear...much better rather than making another non sense law..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir, sympre kung gagawa man ng batas, lahat dapat talaga sakop hindi lang motorsiklo, kasama mga kotse, jip, bus, etc.

sa lugar namin, ang mga terorista sa ingay ay owner type jip na sobrang lakas ng sounds, at motorsiklo na parang nalulunod ang tunog pag nag-menor - bulubuk,bulubuk,bulubuk.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yep. Dapat lahat sakop!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yep, dapat lahat para fair... though I barely hear any car racers rev it noisy on residential areas...

it's fraustrating you get interrupted by those awful noise while making conversation... you had to repeat yourself all over again...
    Last edited by rion; January 11th, 2009 at 10:26 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ i believe the problem isn't novel anymore, that even the revised penal code made such act criminal already. i guess there are also special laws that can help you, guys. like those implemented by the LTO. have the offenders' license confiscated. i know somewhere else this is covered.

please check your barangay council or the city council and compel enforcement of these laws and ordinances. you just can't put the law into your hands, you need the pnp and barangay tanods to arrest these people. para na rin wala kang maging personal na kagalit like when you do it all by yourself.

the lgu ought to apportion an amount from its treasury for this. the public must be spared from any forms of disturbance, prejudicial to their welfare.no need to pass a new ordinance but simply enforce those that are already in effect.

or better yet, the councils, impose heavier fines. but then again we need to peg it in the light of the basic statute/special law punishing the same.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Resolution to ban noisy motorcycles