New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I agree with dr d. Avoid it! My brother had a kawasaki ninja in the 90s. He didn't have it for long. Init, usok, ingay tapos nalapnos pa yung leg niya :bwahaha: My family was really against it too since my Dad had a motorcycle accident too when he was single. My dad has a huge peklat as a reminder.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    During between 80's and 90's there was always this joke scenarios that a son badly wanted to own a motorcycle, but his Dad refused. Only way his Dad would agree if his motorcycle would have an attached sidecar. Para raw may sideline kita. 😀 hehehe.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jon121 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a medical student and I drive a car that's "unofficially" mine (dad owns it but I drive it most of the time). I use it everyday to and from school etc. Lately, I've been fantasizing about riding a motorcycle, not as main transportation, but for weekend rides around Manila. Its more like a toy for me. I like the idea of being free and feeling the thrill of riding and enjoying the link between man and machine.

But, my parents are against it. They said its too risky especially in manila. Of course, as a parent, they wouldn't want me to risk my life or ruin my future of being a doctor. Everyone I've talked to about this are against this idea as well.

Now, I'm torn between my fantasy and the reality of riding in manila. Is it really that dangerous? Am I really going to be stupid if I buy a motorcycle for myself?
    Just like you, during my college an engineering student I drive my dads car almost like mine, to and from school everyday and to where I may went.

Like other tsikoteers have pointed out and said, it is risky and dangerous. Especially, nowadays, due to a lot of motorcycle flock our roads in the metro, even if you are the most disciplined, cautious and defensive driver/rider, still due to others fault, an accident can never turn back what have damage to your own physical body.

I' ve been a BMX rider from elementary school days to high school up to college. Still the bruises, scars and some misaligned bone are just memory and a part of my body. I thank God, and Doctors and to some you may call Hilot , I am still alive and able to function as if normal to the eyes of others.

I've own a motorcycle too(2002, my very first), yes an experience of freedom was great. Learning through past experienced as a BMX rider, I have been very responsible of driving it. But I have attached it with a sidecar and line/franchise and have it drive by a driver, pinalabas pabyahe ko at income ko na lang ang boundary. Hehehe.

It's up to you TS. God bless.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Ganito rin problema ko nung college days ko. Pero nung sinabi ko sa nanay ko na 200php per week lang ang gas ko imbes na 1.5k, pumayag agad.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ever heard the news ago about Maico Buncio(correct me if the name is not right)? He was a very well skilled and trained motorcycle rider for a YAMAHA TEAM. Alamin mo saan at paano sya namatay bro. Or maybe nabalitaan mo na ito.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    A former co worker of mine in his early fifties recently had a very bad accident on his ducati. His loves riding his bike on weekends only with his group taking his wife with him most of the time. They went to pangasinan. Cruising quite fast on a curve he overshot his lane. Lo and behold biglang may kasalubong na off balance sila para maiwasan yun kasalubong. Result was his wife died and he survived with a lot of stitches all over.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    Ever heard the news ago about Maico Buncio(correct me if the name is not right)? He was a very well skilled and trained motorcycle rider for a YAMAHA TEAM. Alamin mo saan at paano sya namatay bro. Or maybe nabalitaan mo na ito.

Anyare sir?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post

sabihin nyo na sir.. pinapa-research nyo pa kami...
    sirit! (share it!)
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    This thread started two years ago. I wonder what happened to TS. I doubt if he still reads this forum. He either had an accident or too busy studying.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sabihin nyo na sir.. pinapa-research nyo pa kami...
    sirit! (share it!)
    heh heh.
    He died on a speed bike crashed accident. Inside the Speedway race track in clark.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast