New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    guys, maiba naman tayo. i was thinking a while ago kung saan ko ipo-post ang thread na to, di naman kasi bagay sa car comparison thread e, so, i decided to post it here. trip lang to ha, i own both a motorcycle and a car kasi and i love both of them.

what are the pros and cons of each vehicle?

motorcycle:

pros.:
    1. mobility - madaling ilusot sa traffic or eskinitas, kaya nga yon ang karamihang ginagamit na getaway vehicle ng assasins or holdupers e - riding in tandem. pag ihahatid ko sa office si mrs. & medyo naghahabol na sa oras nagmomotor lang kami, pag namamalengke, madaling ilusot sa other vehicles like tricycles & 4 wheels & madaling i-park. mahirap maghanap ng parking space for 4 wheels sa palengke dito sa amin e.

2. cheaper to maintain as compared to car maintenance. cheap cost of ownership. mura ang parts & repair cost. cheap FC, P200 lang ang maximum gas expenses ko for 1 week if i use it daily as compared to P1,000 gas expenses sa car.

cons.:

1. pag umuulan, mababasa ka
    2. you're exposed to sunlight naman pag tag-init
    3. limited capacity - can accomodate 1-3 persons only;
    4. makakalanghap ka ng alikabok/you're exposed to pollution; and worst of all
    5. risky - pag naaksidente, baka yong hospitalization expenses e, halos presyo na ng 2nd hand car. and IMO, mas marami yatang namamatay sa accidents involving motorcycles than cars.

cars:

pros.
    1. more comfortable to drive lalo na pag naka-aircon & w/ sounds.
    2. you're not exposed to init/ulan/pollution
    3. has 5 or more persons seating capacity
    4. status symbol - medyo mukhang big time pag naka-car ka - so, i used it more often in going to office
    5. you can carry more of your personal belongings, a car is your 2nd home in the road
    6. safety - this is the very reason why i bought a car

cons.:
    1. high cost of maintenance
    2. there are some areas na mahirap maghanap ng parking space for a car, so maglalakad ka ng medyo malayo.
    3. lesser mobility and you can be stocked in a traffic.

so, for me, i really need a car and a motorcycle. i choose what vehicle i am going to use depende sa lakad/place na pupuntahan and sa weather. 10 years old na ang yamaha crypton motorcycle ko and i keep it in good running condition. i don't have a plan to dispose it kasi di nya pa ko pinahamak kahit minsan, di pa ko naaksidente o nasiraan sa alanganing lugar. siguro kung unserviceable o di na sya pwedeng marepair, then, saka naman ako bibili ng new motorcycle.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yeah motorcycles are cheaper to obtain, cheaper to maintain and cheaper to travel around it. you're right in all that aspect but i disagree with the risky part. yeah motorcycles are cheaper but your life is priceless. i'd rather be late to go to office. you have less than 40% of survival or probably even lower when you have an accident in a motorcycle (knock on wood) so i would rather be in travelling in a car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TS very well said...i couldn't agree more

there's nothing like the feeling of freedom when you ride a bike!

...of course safe riding always wag kalilimutan :chopper:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    yeah motorcycles are cheaper to obtain, cheaper to maintain and cheaper to travel around it. you're right in all that aspect but i disagree with the risky part. yeah motorcycles are cheaper but your life is priceless. i'd rather be late to go to office. you have less than 40% of survival or probably even lower when you have an accident in a motorcycle (knock on wood) so i would rather be in travelling in a car.
    thanks for your comment! but it's not that too risky to drive a motorcycle here in our developing city. Not as risky in driving in NCR or other big cities. On the risky/safety issues - i said safety is the very reason why i bought a car. Actually, i use my car more often than my motorcycle. I use my motorcycle lang usually in travelling in short distances. usually in going to the market. 5 minutes, more or less lang ang tavel time dito in going to my office, to the market or other places. pwede nga lang maglakad e. hehe!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]Moderator's Note:

I am going to close this thread before it goes anywhere.

This will just lead up to "cager" vs "rider" arguements as before.
    [/SIZE]

motorcycle vs. car