New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by salev View Post
    I have a 4 yaer old sinski 150 na service pangdeliver sa water biz namen (laging full load) kumakarga ng 15 or more 5 gals water everyday, ok pa naman sya hanggang ngayon, pansin ko lang sa china,taiwan etc. kelangan maganda pagka breakin mo at dapat sobrang alaga change oil, and the more na nasisira ang pyesa nya at napapalitan lalong tumitibay (kasi napapalitan ng honda parts )
    uhmmm just to update you guys, mag 6 years na china bike ko and still doin well

i aint no fan of china bikes anyway

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mention Chinese Motorcycles to most people, and they think small capacity, cheap (possible good value for money)?

Not many will think of Chinese Motorcycles as emerging into capturing increased market share, with better design, materials and Quality, as well as excellent value for money?

This Loncin T200 'Terminator' was my first Chinese Motorcycle.

I bought it off an American, going back to the USA, for very good price.
    I discovered some Pilipino 'bodger' mechanic, had 'fixed' a Rectifier/Regulator problem, by disconnecting it and 'splicing' 4 diodes, into the wiring. Sure this gives a rectified DC output to power lights and charge the Battery. Trouble is without voltage regulation, it overcharges the Battery. What I don't understand is WHY they did not remove the Tank, and unbolt the funned Rectifier/Regulator bolted to the frame.

A replacement only cost Php350 brand new!

I think this has something to do with the 'poor' reliability' of Chinese Motorcycles perhaps.

I could not get on with this heavy monoshock 'Cruiser' of 200cc that was rather underpowered for the weight.

I ended up buying a Yamaha XT225 for Php160K

I had become an Investor/Dealer into the 'Zongshen' brand via 'V8 Motorcycle Dealer & Parts'. For 5 months I did get a good return on my investment but then come January, the Post Dated checks started bouncing. Sole Proprietor, Catherine L. Soronio, asked for us Investors to accept a 3 months Moratorium, since her Banks (Oriental & Cardinal RB) were having many Depositors pre-terminating their Time Deposits.

We were stupid to agree, since 3 months passed and she did not keep to her promises and in fact we learned the reason some 900 x V8 Motorcycles (OEM Zongshen) were not in her V8 Motorcycle Showrooms, was because Zongshen shipped with some essential parts missing, so assembly could not be completed by Zongshen representative/importer Toro Motors. This was because Soronio had not paid Zongshen some Php10M!

The idea she conned us with, was a growing Network of Dealer Showrooms offering Post Sales Service and Spares for Zongshen motorcycles. Her Banks would offer Motorcycle Loans of about Php100/day (over about 3 years), so there was valid profits to be made. Guess she found it easier to steal the Investors money instead?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhittall View Post
    Mention Chinese Motorcycles to most people, and they think small capacity, cheap (possible good value for money)?

Not many will think of Chinese Motorcycles as emerging into capturing increased market share, with better design, materials and Quality, as well as excellent value for money?

I ended up buying a Yamaha XT225 for Php160K
    Had there been a good Zongshen Dealer, offering the ZS200GY-2 in Cebu, for Php60,000, I would have bought such a Chinese Dirt Bike!

Zongshen ZS200GY-2

MSRP $2,199
    LPI Retail Price $1,295
    (This is about Php62,000 * current exchange rate)

Now before anyone says this is Chinese rubbish, and ignores the fact it is under HALF the price of the Honda XR200 in the Philippines, please do a 'Google' for reviews/YouTube etc on this Zongshen 'Dual Sport' motorcycle.

The ZS200GY-2 has a better 'Specification' than the XR200 since it has 'Inverted Forks' for lower 'up-sprung weight'.

I admit the Honda XR200 probably has better quality and reliability over the ZS200GY-2 perhaps, but so it should, for TWICE the price!.

Actually it is the new 'Zongshen' 'CYCLONE' Range, that caught my attention when I was researching into this company.

Zongshen is one of the top 5 Motorcycle Manufacturers in China and the one selected by PIAGGIO of Italy to produce the engines for their 'ZIP' Scooters that sell all over the world and popular in Europe, UK, America, and Australia, in particular.

Harley Davidson, also signed an agreement with Zongshen.
    In return for helping them get their Motorcycles selling in China, Harley Davidson offering Zongshen i) non-competing Technology transfer, ii) Sales Consultancy, iii) Design and Marketing assistance.

I was so impressed withthis new CYCLONE Range, I put together a Slideshow from some of the Zongshen material, and uploaded to YouTube.

I think you can see some of the 'Harley Davidson' influence in this 'Cruiser' - the ZS125-50 which is the Zongshen Cyclone 'Pursuit' model:-

This is the new Cyclone 'Fly' Dual Sport model ZS150GY-10

Check out the Slide Show of more ZS150GY-10 photos from Bulgarian Zongshen dealer.

They also have pictures of the Zongshen Cyclone 'Forge Ahead' ZS110-60

I think if you are honest with yourself, you can see, that this is a new generation of Chinese Motorcycles. There is Western design aspects and attention to detail and moreover a big improvement in QUALITY,

Mind you this comes at a price as the ZS150GY-10 is likely to cost over Php100K, but this is still very good compared to similar Japanese, water-cooled 4 -stroke Dual Sport Bike with good suspension by Japanese 'Showa', Disc Brakes front and rear.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by salev View Post
    I have a 4 yaer old sinski 150 na service pangdeliver sa water biz namen (laging full load) kumakarga ng 15 or more 5 gals water everyday, ok pa naman sya hanggang ngayon, pansin ko lang sa china,taiwan etc. kelangan maganda pagka breakin mo at dapat sobrang alaga change oil, and the more na nasisira ang pyesa nya at napapalitan lalong tumitibay (kasi napapalitan ng honda parts )
    +1
    Eto gamit ko noon, ok pa sya hanggang ngayon,
    alaga lang sa langis, bihira ko na nga lang magamit dahil sa oto.

at ang balita ko habang tumatagal
    mas umaayos quality ng scoots nila
    compared sa older models.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Motorcycle from China