New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys! I think this could be the closest section in the forums for this type of topic.

We have an import 1994 Toyota Lucida that was acquired a year ago. It was still presentable and still performing well for the first few months we have it, however, it quickly deteriorated to the point that it is not that nice to drive anymore. Most of the parts had gone bad, from the suspension to the electrical system up to the air-conditioning unit. Its dashboard is also in terrible condition, lots of cracks and holes and all gauges except the fuel and temperature are broken and the engine is also not in good condition anymore.

I would like to know if there is a shop that provides a "pimp my ride" like service. I am not sure if you are familiar with the show from MTV a couple of years ago where a participant's old, dilapidated car gets completely restored and/or customized. I am not really after customizing or replacing everything from the vehicle, however, I would at least like to restore it to its former glory probably by fixing the dashboard, the air-con, all the gauges, all the electrical works, overhaul or tune-up the engine and lastly re-paint the vehicle.

If there are no shops who does this here in Manila, then probably I will just have each section of the vehicle fixed by different specialty repair shop, my only problem is with the dashboard and the electrical and wiring system of the vehicle. Is there a shop that fixes and customizes both the dashboard and will do re-wiring or overhaul of the entire electrical system of the vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last edited by monty_GTV; August 11th, 2014 at 05:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    Thank for the reply, I already went to Alex Restoration before and also Atoy but both of them don't do interior works. I was thinking of looking for a shop that specializes in both electrical/re-wring and dashboard restoration or customization. The exterior work would be easy after the interiors are fixed. Do you guys know of any shop that do both electrical/re-wiring and dashboard restoration or customization work?

Are there any shops that provide a "pimp my ride" like service?