New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last week, a door handle broke on my trusty old diesel rig. Unfortunately, my driver thought of saving me a few pennies and got some super glue to glue it back on. His hands slipped and I now have a bit of dried glue on my door. Is there a way to remove this without damaging the car's finish?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Last week, a door handle broke on my trusty old diesel rig. Unfortunately, my driver thought of saving me a few pennies and got some super glue to glue it back on. His hands slipped and I now have a bit of dried glue on my door. Is there a way to remove this without damaging the car's finish?
    Baka kaya ng buffing sir.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Me nabibili na super glue remover. Pero parang strong acetone based sya. Might do more harm than good.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Kung cyanoacryllic (CA) ang main compound nung super glue, you can use acetone. Gumamit ka ng artist paint brush and brush the acetone on the glue (not on the car paint) until it crystalize. Nagki-crystallize ang CA with acetone - tapos puede na etong maremove until puede ng i-buff.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nalagyan din hood ng sasakyan ko 2 yrs ago. I tried buffing and putting that super glue remover, walang effect. Makikisubscribe ako sa thread na to.

#Retzing

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    Kung cyanoacryllic (CA) ang main compound nung super glue, you can use acetone. Gumamit ka ng artist paint brush and brush the acetone on the glue (not on the car paint) until it crystalize. Nagki-crystallize ang CA with acetone - tapos puede na etong maremove until puede ng i-buff.
    I agree with this. I tried it already. Brush it on and wipe it away with a new cotton ball, you may need to do this more than once, just make sure that you apply the acetone on the glued portion only.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    I agree with this. I tried it already. Brush it on and wipe it away with a new cotton ball, you may need to do this more than once, just make sure that you apply the acetone on the glued portion only.
    Alright. The brand is mighty bond. I'll give this a try this weekend. I hope it works! Fingers crossed!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Alright. The brand is mighty bond. I'll give this a try this weekend. I hope it works! Fingers crossed!
    sir, any update on this?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    So far, the best solution I have used so far is goo gone.

Juat dab a little and rub it in.

Taking off dried super glue from a car's finish