New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hi... i have a fortuner and i find the steering wheel too thin. i got used to my bmw m-sport steering wheel which is thicker. any idea as to who can make my fortuner steering wheel thicker while maintaining the original color? Good quality is a must thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe a leather wrap with additional "padding" would solve your problem?

You can check the shops in your area who do leather interiors for cars for pricing and how long it would take, usually half a day if you can wait.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Maybe a leather wrap with additional "padding" would solve your problem?

You can check the shops in your area who do leather interiors for cars for pricing and how long it would take, usually half a day if you can wait.
    thanks ghosthunter. would you know who's the best in the industry here in manila that does this? thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dunno if they're the best but they do very good work.

Seatmate

very near Mandaluyong City Hall. 5322104/5311299. Look for Mang Romy

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    thanks ghosthunter. would you know who's the best in the industry here in manila that does this? thanks
    Kelseat is the best and they were the ones who were doing the leather upholstery for the Fortuners at one time. Don't know if they are still operating though. They even have people who can properly remove the steering wheel by disabling the airbag first.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks everyone!!!!! going to kelseat next week!!!!! and more power to this forum.. you guys have no idea how helpful this site is for people like me. Cheers!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not exactly the best, but I know Coventry square in Banawe can disarm and remove airbag equipped steering wheels.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^Kaya ba nila i-upgrade yung steering wheel to something that can still house the original airbag? As in better looking but retaining the airbag inside the wheel?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    payong kapatid. ingat lang pag galaw ng airbag system.

bumili ako minsan ng momo sa banawe at pina install ko. for 2 years, happy naman ako dito until ngayong ibebenta ko na itong civic ko at tinangal ko ang momo. tinanggal din pala ang airbag sensor ko nuong ininstall ito para di umilaw ang warning. naibalik na ang original steering wheel ko sa civic pero not working na ang air bag. nalaman ko lang ito sa buyer ng sasakyan ko.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Lopez View Post
    payong kapatid. ingat lang pag galaw ng airbag system.

bumili ako minsan ng momo sa banawe at pina install ko. for 2 years, happy naman ako dito until ngayong ibebenta ko na itong civic ko at tinangal ko ang momo. tinanggal din pala ang airbag sensor ko nuong ininstall ito para di umilaw ang warning. naibalik na ang original steering wheel ko sa civic pero not working na ang air bag. nalaman ko lang ito sa buyer ng sasakyan ko.

Be careful when you buy sensitive and expensive items. Generally, mall based stores would have a more professional team. They tend not to cheat clients, kasi mayroong babalikan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Steering Wheel Upgrade