New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    What can you recommend to bring back the gloss and shine? I used rubbing compound to remove the scratches. It did the job but it left this swirl mark and the paint becomes dull. It is just a one-month old car...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lancy09 View Post
    What can you recommend to bring back the gloss and shine? I used rubbing compound to remove the scratches. It did the job but it left this swirl mark and the paint becomes dull. It is just a one-month old car...
    polished it with a good wax.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sir subukan nyo meguiars ultimate compound. bka makatulong. sa tsikot ko kasi very effetive yun na mag pa kintab ng clear coat at mag tanggal ng mga gasgas.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    polished it with a good wax.

Di kaya ng wax yan. Sabi nga ni docbertus megs ultimate compound. Kung tipid mode pwede din megs #84 or #83 since pwede bumili ng mas maliit na sizes sa simex.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    meron ba nito sa blade?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The only way to remove properly scratch remover compound is by using a rotary buffing machine. Sure pwede mo pag pilitan by hand at sigurado para kang si Karate Kid na lalakas kaka kaskas.

A rotary buffer with a soft buffing sponge to apply it and wool pads to remove it. Wala ang scratch and swirl marks. Tapos wax. Tapos Glaze. Hmmm ganda deep color and wet look shine.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ok na po. dinala ko n lang sa big berths

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tama ginawa mo . Mahirap din gumamit ng buffing machine kung hindi ka marunong maaring masira pintura mo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ok na po. dinala ko n lang sa big berths
    It is a good that you're able to recover the paint finish bro... Sabagay,- ilang layers naman ang pintura ng mga kotse... But, for a one-month old car...

10K:dance1:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    after a rubbing compound session, the car needs a polishing session i.e. using a substance with less cut/correction than your compound. in this thread, Swirlx after Ultimate Compound. it requires greater skill to polish with a rotary though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Rubbing compund causing swirl mark and dull paint, what to do?