New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    as the subject or title said, is there anyway to make the door sound like brand new, the refrigerator sound and feel

Also nahihigpitan b ung door handle kc mejo maluwag and kumakalansing pag sinasardo or umaalog

Mazda 3 2008 1.6

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iameldrin View Post
    as the subject or title said, is there anyway to make the door sound like brand new, the refrigerator sound and feel

Also nahihigpitan b ung door handle kc mejo maluwag and kumakalansing pag sinasardo or umaalog

Mazda 3 2008 1.6

Inspect and/or replace the door rubber seal.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iameldrin View Post

Mazda 3 2008 1.6
    at higpitan ang turnilyong humahawak sa door handle.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ingress-egress thru the window. Make the door sound new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends. Is the door aligned? If not then replace the hinges (might be sagged down due to time, wear and tear) and then replace the striker mechanism if need be (might be loose already).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Try wrapping adhesive tape around the fixed latch attached to the door sill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, there would be three factors:

a. the alignment
    b. the rubbers
    c. the joints.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    For rattles, put sound proofing materials inside door panels.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    1. replace the hinges... old one may be sagging or too loose
    2. replace the seal... no idea where you'll find one, but make sure your using the original seal for your door
    3. car handles... replace the entire mechanism, some parts (inside) are plastic and may be loose
    4. replace the entire mechanism of the windows... same reason as the car handles...

I did the same in the 90's for my box type... almost everything inside the door was replaced! sadly, my wallet only allowed me to fix the 2 front doors

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Silicon spray on sponge and clean the weatherstrip aka rubber. I do it twice.

Silicon spray cans have a label. Read its recommended uses, most include weatherstrips. I use it to clean/detail the rubber. It doesnt last however.

Wurth Rubber Care is hard to find in my area. It is specifically for weather strips. Maybe ask Wurth Philippines?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast