New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Hi Guys,

Tanong lang, paano matanggal ang kalawang and ma prevent ang pag spread? Binangga kasi ako and I'm still waiting for Casa to approve my insurance claim. After a week na realise ko may kalawang na. Eto ang pic 12112032_10205231936903442_1468614873153219239_n.j pg • Droplr

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It will take months even years before the rust spreads. A relative has a scrape that was never repaired and the rust hasn't spread even after 3 years.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Rust converter comes to mind or dab it with a coat of oil, if you're really worried. But it's not necessary. If it's going to be repaired in the next few weeks, there's no need to treat it now.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    TS, feeling ko lang ang gagawing repair ng casa either scrape off the rust using fine sandpaper or apply rush converter... then apply primer, later paint etc... IMO kung di naman kita ang tama at di rin maselan pwedeng DIY.

OT - sa nagpa change ng car ownership, i double check lang kung may build up rush na sa naka embossed chassis number. kadalasan naka expose ang metal nito pagkatapos mai-stencil ng TMG.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    TS, feeling ko lang ang gagawing repair ng casa either scrape off the rust using fine sandpaper or apply rush converter... then apply primer, later paint etc... IMO kung di naman kita ang tama at di rin maselan pwedeng DIY.

OT - sa nagpa change ng car ownership, i double check lang kung may build up rush na sa naka embossed chassis number. kadalasan naka expose ang metal nito pagkatapos mai-stencil ng TMG.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    if your OC about your car and frequent flooded areas, then COUPLERTEC from down under is the right one for you. This is an electronic anti-rust sytem and they usually install it in vehicles that frequent areas with high salinity (ie seaside, beaches, river crossings). ....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    uploadfromtaptalk1460556291646.jpg

Ask ko lang pano or saan nag repair ng ganitong rust damage sa car?
    2nd hand nakuha tapus di napansin may kalawang pala.
    Ziebart ba nagtatangal rust?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselpowah View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1460556291646.jpg

Ask ko lang pano or saan nag repair ng ganitong rust damage sa car?
    2nd hand nakuha tapus di napansin may kalawang pala.
    Ziebart ba nagtatangal rust?

you have to remove the rust first. use a brush with metal bristles, until the rust is out and bright metal is seen.
    apply rust converter. turco brand comes to mind. you just brush or wipe it on. twice if me.
    once dried, paint with rust-inhibiting paint. red lead.
    paint on the body color.

you may have to remove the rubber and other accessories, before you do the above.

concern: the above takes care of the rust you see. the problem about the hidden surface underneath, is something else, however.
    you might try bending out the hidden surface and do the above procedure..

if the rust has eaten thru the metal, you will probably have to cut weld out the rusted segment, and have replacement metal welded in its place.
    or, you can get another door. heh heh.
    good luck, po.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks. Will try the procedure.
    Ano type ng paint ang gamit for car? And paint brush lang ba kailangan or spray dapat.

Read lead = red oxide na nabibili sa hardware?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselpowah View Post
    Thanks. Will try the procedure.
    Ano type ng paint ang gamit for car? And paint brush lang ba kailangan or spray dapat.

Read lead = red oxide na nabibili sa hardware?

it's a small area, and you would not need for it to match the rest of the car's straight sheen. ordinary paintbrush with narrow diameter (1/2 inch) will do. it's really quite easy, po.

yun na nga.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast