New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Any reason why cars these days don't come with mudguards?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Maybe cost reduction that's why this is now being offered as an optional accessories?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ I think so.

The cost of the mud guard is nothing compared to the cost of the car but it should be the burden and cost for the car factory to buy, qualify, install, paint the mudguards (body color), and then qualify the whole car again.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    additional "mudflaps" or "mud guards" are more commonly used by trucks and off-road vehicles.

the car's fender is generally enough to prevent sand, mud, rocks, liquids, and other road spray from being thrown into the air by the rotating tire. cars are commonly driven on concrete roads anyway.

unless it's a rally car..

Last edited by red_one; May 24th, 2014 at 12:36 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    New self cleaning tire technology, aerodynamics made mudflaps unnecessary. What's missing now too are window wind catchers

Nakiki wi-fi lang

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I like having mudflaps... the OEM ones. Less crud to clean from the side sills and under the rear bumper.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    New self cleaning tire technology, aerodynamics made mudflaps unnecessary. What's missing now too are window wind catchers

Nakiki wi-fi lang

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Any shop selling mudguards for CX9? Can't find any in shops and even in sulit/olx.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    These would be the first things that I'd take off. I don't like cars with mud guards.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    These would be the first things that I'd take off. I don't like cars with mud guards.
    On some cars, you can't take them off just like on our Grand Starex when I tried to take it off, may butas sa rear bumper na kitang kita pad walang mudguard, so no choice but to retain them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How come cars don't come with mudguards anymore?