New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I've owned a Honda City 2008, silver, for three years now.

In that time it's accumulated a number of scratches, some minor dents, and the front bumper is very slightly misaligned (from a slight "nudge" from a truck backing up). Nothing major, but cumulatively nagging enough that I want all the flaws taken care off in one fell swoop.

My first instinct is to take the car to the casa. I'm totally ignorant of any knowledge about good repair shops. Please excuse me if my queries seem laughably basic.

1. Is it possible to get the work done more cheaply, and yet with professional quality, at a good shop? Or is the casa really the best place to do it?

2. If I can get good yet fairly priced work done outside the casa, can you recommend a good shop to me? I would prefer one near Makati or Pasig, but feel free to recommend any good one elsewhere in Metro Manila.

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi, pdr or paintless dent repair is repairing the dent when the paint was not damaged so it is called paintless, dimples,scratches usually have undamaged paint. Some bigger dents have the paint damaged so they have it retouched so thy call it touch of paint. But when the paint is badly damaged it is time for it to be repainted. Repainting is another case wherein you can have dent repair and paint or there is the latero repair(pukpok) then paint. The difference between the two is that the latero will apply a primer to smoothen the metal but it the no 1 material that will absorb water hence the attraction to the rust. Dent repair is a little bit costly but it is worth it if you are going to keep the car for a long time. The best dent repair I know is frankline which is in 31 examiner st. in west triangle in q.c., you have to enter west and turn in front of the Cabalen Resto.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi try fabulous in Gilmore they are casa quality and I heard contractor ng mga dealers 09228546069

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voaquino View Post
    Hi, pdr or paintless dent repair is repairing the dent when the paint was not damaged so it is called paintless, dimples,scratches usually have undamaged paint. Some bigger dents have the paint damaged so they have it retouched so thy call it touch of paint.
    touch up paint

But when the paint is badly damaged it is time for it to be repainted. Repainting is another case wherein you can have dent repair and paint or there is the latero repair(pukpok) then paint. The difference between the two is that the latero will apply a primer to smoothen the metal but it the no 1 material that will absorb water hence the attraction to the rust. Dent repair is a little bit costly but it is worth it if you are going to keep the car for a long time.
    They are probably using some voodoo paint technology and didn't know better. Primer will be used and should be used in refinishing jobs. This will protect the metal from rusting. They should visit paint manufacturer sites where they'll find a lot of free material about their new products and application instructions. Keywords: rust inhibiting primer.

The best dent repair I know is frankline which is in 31 examiner st. in west triangle in q.c., you have to enter west and turn in front of the Cabalen Resto.
    Have you posted this at the Classifieds or started your own thread where you post pics of their before and after jobs. Or slightly better, post new hi-res before&after job shots every time you're suggesting your PDR shop. The nagging posts that are gradually becoming more annoying will change to informative and interesting ones.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ziebart pasig,infront of Pasig Police and beside evergreen cemetery

HELP! Please recommend dent/paint repair shop (Near Pasig or Makati preferably)!