New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by artsky View Post
    It happened to me several times already. Parang hindi ako napapansin ng mga drivers sa side nila then bigla silang mag swerve tapos magugulat na andun pala yung sasakyan ko. I am force to do counter maneuvers rightwards. Buti na lang laging walang sasakyan sa right side ko so may room ako to move out.

Normal ba ito sa isang dark colored car like mine na gray-metallic? If yes, what do I need to do?
    you are staying at the blind side far too long. drivers swerve in your lane because there is room in front of you, meaning you are driving too slow. okay lang magbabad sa blind side if there is a car in front of you.

that above or when you pass them going fast you dont honk your horn.

but im betting you just drive slow

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    So you're saying na sinadya?
    Not sinadya, but not focusing on his driving.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Not sinadya, but not focusing on his driving.

Agree with this. Yung kinausap ko na insurance comoany dati sabi vehicle color is not considered a factor sa accident risk ng car. It's more of vehicle use and driver metrics (is the person himself accident prone or a high accident risk, lifestyle habits, weight, medical considerations etc). Hindi raw talaga factor ang kulay.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's true that some car colors tend to blend/camouflage better with the environment under certain lighting conditions (daytime, dawn, dusk, nightime). This can get compounded during inclement weather.

That said, you just have to be a careful driver under any condition as well as practice defensive driving (as many have already suggested).

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Btw I drive a gray metallic vehicle and I drove a black vehicle before that for many years. Wala akong na experience na hindi ako nakikita ng drivers compared to light colored cars. No car collision accidents either thankfully.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    May blind side kasi sa right side ng driver. Around 4 o clock angle. Nasa right side ko na sya, lagpas na sa view ng right side mirror pero di ko pa sya kita sa gilid. Maybe because nasa rightmost side sya ng lane nya. Although I know some is there because of clues like his engine noise.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    My first car was blue, the next one beige. No accidents.
    My current car is black. I've been rear ended three times already, twice daytime, and once at night.
    Although I'd like to believe that the color had something to do with it, I'd pin the blame more on the crowded conditions of the streets in Metro Manila, and the lack of discipline of the drivers.
    Yung three times na rearend ako, yung isa doon, tailgater na hindi kaagad naka react sa pag brake ko.
    Yung isa naman, nagtetext.
    Yung isa yung the best --- kinagat daw siya ng pet dog niya. Tapos namanhid daw bigla yung kanang paa niya. Di niya napansin na tumapak siya bigla sa gas pedal during a full stop.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    May blind side kasi sa right side ng driver. Around 4 o clock angle. Nasa right side ko na sya, lagpas na sa view ng right side mirror pero di ko pa sya kita sa gilid. Maybe because nasa rightmost side sya ng lane nya. Although I know some is there because of clues like his engine noise.

this is what im talking about. drivers will swerve in your lane if there is a big gap between you and the forward vehicle tapos nandyan ka sa blind side nakababad.

learn to use peripheral vision. ensure proper and safe gaps between you and the forward car. hindi ko naman sinasabing dapat sobra kang matulin.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Some cars naka always on na yung side repeaters / blinkers nila for added visibility. The same principle with long vehicles (trailer trucks) na dapat may mga repeater lights sa sides.

EDIT: Not always blinking ah, as inalways on.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    May nabasa ako dati na isang study and they concluded that black is the most accident prone color for a car while silver is the safest. Dahil sa blending ng kulay sa environment daw lalo na during night time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast