New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Medyo naparami-rami na yung smudge ng asphalt sa kotse ko, ano ba yung magandang pang tanggal nun?

I tried gasoline once before and natanggal nga. Pero baka masisira pa yung paint in further use of gasoline or kerosene.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sa Genki Car Spa sa banawe they use kerosene. Oks lang siguro basta wax mo agad after.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    no to gasoline cloth with kerosene to soften up the asphalt, then shampoo, rinse and dry then finish off with favorite wax.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    no to gasoline cloth with kerosene to soften up the asphalt, then shampoo, rinse and dry then finish off with favorite wax.

Thanks sa info. I thought kerosene can be a harmful agent. Anyway, thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kerosene will be ok, as long as you wash and wax it afterwards.
    meron ding 3M asphalt remover na nabibili, kaya lang, mas mura pa din talaga ang kerosene.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    The big killer on paint is brake fluid, alcohol is bad but it usually evaporates before any harm is done.

Have you tried mineral spirits? I found that the best thing to use and it doesn't damage the paint finish. I used to use this on my old car to remove tar and it didnt damage the paint, but wash it right away just for safe.

Again, this is done by me on over 12 years old car not a brand new car. So if your car is relatively new I cannot give you a guarantee that it wont harm the paint. Try it in a very small spot, if nothing happen...it works.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kerosene lang ang katapat nyan. Mas mura pa. Hugasan lang pagkatapos.

:coffee:[SIZE="1"]4128[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    WD40 will work as well, only when kerosene is not readily available. Just spray some on the spot and see the asphalt melting in just a couple of seconds. Leave it on for about 30secs and wipe it off. Spray some more if necessary.

After that, wash and shampoo the car and reapply wax.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    WD40 will work as well, only when kerosene is not readily available. Just spray some on the spot and see the asphalt melting in just a couple of seconds. Leave it on for about 30secs and wipe it off. Spray some more if necessary.

After that, wash and shampoo the car and reapply wax.

I agree.

In addition to the above, some other things you could use are your regular bug and tar removers and your clay bar.

Also, I've noticed that a cleaner wax could remove tar spots on painted wheels.

But as always, test any product you choose on an inconspicuous spot first.

Hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    gasoline and diesel can both eat away your paint, even if you just leave it for a couple of seconds

i had my Revo filled up with diesel in petron sometime ago and the gas boy accidentally spilled diesel, he just went and looked for a clean rag to wipe it dry and after sometime trying to find a clean one, he got back and wiped it and viola!! its like acid on my paint, it ate through the base coat, and considering i had my Revo freshly (around 5 months ago ) painted with PPG (the paint used on BMW and Merc ) paint and its already supposed to be slightly chemical resistant since alcohol doesn't even discolor it.

Same thing happened to my camry with petron blaze, but man blaze is really strong, my paint literally felt like it was dropped with stripsol.

Kerosene is the safest way to go as long as you clean it with a stronger dilution of car shampoo and make sure its squeaky clean after and then wax it immediately right after. i would advise putting a sealant also before your top it with carnauba wax, Based on my experience asphalts are easier to remove on cars with properly protected bottom parts compared to those without sealants

Hope this helps, i got nervous when you mentioned gasoline, made me remember all those unfortunate events

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Effective remover of asphalt smudge?