New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Rained on approx 17 hours after getting coated. (heavy rain from ATC till the end of Skyway)

Very satisfied, makintab pa din and still presentable even after the heavy downpour. They applied Reload naman so I think a proper wash can wait till sa weekend.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hopefully di nga magkaroon ng waterspots.

Are you going to personally maintain it? Hehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Hopefully di nga magkaroon ng waterspots.

Are you going to personally maintain it? Hehe
    I already washed it. OCD kicked in again.

Simple maintenance lang gagawin ko and I'll leave the rest to the professionals.

Weekly wash, monthly reload lang. Same as before, imbis reload, I was using Meg's ULW. Dami pa nga sobra, I think not worth it to apply it anymore.

Yearly lang daw maintenance nung akin kay TD, alam ko other shops mostly do it every 6 months.

I also noticed when drying it, hindi nagka water spots yung tubig from the hose. Before I have to wipe twice or thrice before the temporary water spots disappear.

Concern ko lang talaga if nagka scuffs kunwari, hindi ko na din magagamit ang Scratch X ko hehe. Tiisin na lang?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Rained on approx 17 hours after getting coated. (heavy rain from ATC till the end of Skyway)

Very satisfied, makintab pa din and still presentable even after the heavy downpour. They applied Reload naman so I think a proper wash can wait till sa weekend.

looks amazing under the sun. Ian really impresses..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    I already washed it. OCD kicked in again.

Simple maintenance lang gagawin ko and I'll leave the rest to the professionals.

Weekly wash, monthly reload lang. Same as before, imbis reload, I was using Meg's ULW. Dami pa nga sobra, I think not worth it to apply it anymore.

Yearly lang daw maintenance nung akin kay TD, alam ko other shops mostly do it every 6 months.

I also noticed when drying it, hindi nagka water spots yung tubig from the hose. Before I have to wipe twice or thrice before the temporary water spots disappear.

Concern ko lang talaga if nagka scuffs kunwari, hindi ko na din magagamit ang Scratch X ko hehe. Tiisin na lang?
    Ako instead of reload or any other si02 sealants, gamit ko usually is bead maker as a drying aid. Makes it more slick and more glossy IMO.

Either buhos method or hose down as your last rinse. Almost next to none ung itutuyo mo. Or invest in an air blower. Nakakatamad nga lang to set it up pa.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Ako instead of reload or any other si02 sealants, gamit ko usually is bead maker as a drying aid. Makes it more slick and more glossy IMO.

Either buhos method or hose down as your last rinse. Almost next to none ung itutuyo mo. Or invest in an air blower. Nakakatamad nga lang to set it up pa.
    Si02 based din ba yung bead maker? Any sellers ba nito locally? Reload is also kind of expensive.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Bead maker is not Si02 based. Cross-linking polymers siya. 2500 for a gallon container. Search for P&S detailing products sa fb and lazada.

Not all si02 spray sealants kasi you can use as a drying aid din So mas gamit ko itong bead maker after every wash.

And you can use bead maker on coated and non-coated vehicles.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    so what is less time consuming and cheaper now? maintaining a car paint with the old style wash and wax or maintaining the ceramic coating with special sealants to prevent watermarksCeramic coatingCeramic coating

seems that instead of saving time in waxing, parehas din since you will end up maintaining the coatingCeramic coatingCeramic coating

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    so what is less time consuming and cheaper now? maintaining a car paint with the old style wash and wax or maintaining the ceramic coating with special sealants to prevent watermarksCeramic coatingCeramic coating

seems that instead of saving time in waxing, parehas din since you will end up maintaining the coatingCeramic coatingCeramic coating

Well para siguro sa mga OC lang katulad namin yung coating maintenance, per my detailer, yearly maintenance lang (done by them) and proper weekly wash lang ang kailangan kong gawin hehe.

Bead maker is not Si02 based. Cross-linking polymers siya. 2500 for a gallon container. Search for P&S detailing products sa fb and lazada.

Not all si02 spray sealants kasi you can use as a drying aid din So mas gamit ko itong bead maker after every wash.

And you can use bead maker on coated and non-coated vehicles.
    Ah synthetic wax basically, siguro gamitin ko na lang yung tirang Meg's ULW ko hehe. Pag hindi tinamad of course.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post

vanity has a price. hahahah

though 10-15k isnt much for some.

Paint correction in the package is what sets it apart from DIYers wash and wax. Most wax arent as stain proof as coats too.

even the famed japanese PTFE wax is now 1500.. I need to research more on how it looks if properly use with paint correction.

Ceramic coating