New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think for me the main selling point of ceramic/glass coating is the ease of cleaning and the gloss/luster that it gives to the paint.

Its not a leave it alone system though. I bought a couple of coating-specific products to maintain my glass coat to help it last longer.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ako hindi ako nagpa coating for my brand new car pero I personally wash the car weekly and wax monthly.

Papa coating ako after few years since we'll move sa condo, bawal na car wash (DMCI).

Di ako nagpa coating kase:

1. Mahal
    2. Pag nabangga, doble gastos, repaint then re-coat
    3. Pag may minor gasgas, di pwede gamitan ng scratch remover.
    4. May maintenance pa din (every 6 months?)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Mga boss, san po kayo mga nagpacoat? Interested po kse ako

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by richardngo View Post
    Mga boss, san po kayo mga nagpacoat? Interested po kse ako
    Optimum Impressions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Ako hindi ako nagpa coating for my brand new car pero I personally wash the car weekly and wax monthly.

This is actually better than having Ceramic / Glass coating ...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    1. Mahal
    2. Pag nabangga, doble gastos, repaint then re-coat
    3. Pag may minor gasgas, di pwede gamitan ng scratch remover.
    4. May maintenance pa din (every 6 months?)
    1. Kasama na exterior detailing sa price so worth it since may libreng swirls and holograms na kami agad c/o the casa.
    2. The shop that coated the car will recoat the damaged part for free after it is repaired.
    3. Scratch remover thins the topcoat although not as drastically as rubbing compound.
    4. No maintenance required. Dusting is not recommended. Either wash it properly or leave it dirty. Recoat after two years or when it's not effective anymore.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I have my coated with Cquartz UK. The shine is superb. The protective capabilities is over hyped though. Without proper washing technique, you'll still get swirls and scratches. Leave the car out for too long after a rainshower and you'll get watermarks, and you'll get watermarks from bird poop too. However, ceramic coating is still better than waxing. The problem with waxing is you still need to detail your car properly before waxing, and every detail session removes a very thin layer of clearcoat. Over time yung paint mo na ang nakakaskas, and mamumuti na yan. The ceramic coat serves as a sacrificial layer from the elements and detailing.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Btw, if you want a better coating. You might try the self healing brands like Carpro Immortal. Left under the heat of the sun or treated with 60 degree heat, nawawala ang swirls and scratches. Nasa 6 digits ang quote nila sa Hilux ko though. Hahaha.

Pag protection against scratches mas okay din ang PPF.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Ceramic coating