New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi sirs,

I have a bit of a dilemma. Let me tell you a quick story.
    I park my car near my office area. Just along the parking lot, a new building is being erected and falling debris from the ongoing construction can not be controlled easily.
    Here's the dilemma...
    I recently noticed that the exterior of my car developed these "white spots." I thought it was just normal dust and dirt that you tend to accumulate because of daily driving. When I finally had time to take my car to the car wash, the attendant who worked on my car said "hindi kaya ng hugas ung puti puti sir! mukhang natuyong semento na eh." I was not able to think of any other means that I got those spots other than the construction near my usual parking area. Anyway, I need some advice on how to have those "cement spots" removed. Is there a safe way to do so where the paint won't be significantly affected? What's the best cleaning solution to use? Is there a procedure I need to follow?

Any feedback that you guys may have is going to be appreciated.

Thanks! :D

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bring it to a detailer and have a full exterior detailing job done. Do this immediately as time is not on your side.

The same thing happened to me in 2008. I brought my Jazz to Big Bert's Julia Vargas and they used a lot of quick detailer spray and claybar work to remove the stuck-on concrete droplets. After an entire day at the shop, they got everything out. Half that time was spent on the concrete removal; the rest was for polish and wax work.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi, Sir, chemicl effect po yan ng cement na kalaban ng auto paint, tama po si sir type 100 ----time is not on your side...maraming pong klase ng semento kaya iba't ibang panlaban para maalis kaagad...dito po kami sa 31 examiner sa west triangle QC. dalhin po ninyo ang kotse ninyo para matingnan natin...free po ang estimate.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Up ko lang sir

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've had cement spots on my car for over a week I thought it was just mud. I hope my car's paint was not damaged. I still have spots that were not removed from washing!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I've had cement spots on my car for over a week I thought it was just mud. I hope my car's paint was not damaged. I still have spots that were not removed from washing!

pa paint claying mo baka kaya pa maalis.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Possible ba na kainin ng cement yung paint?

May 2 akong spot sa hood na hindi maalis. Binabaran ko ng nanosliq para lumambot. I cant distinguish kung wala na bang paint or matigas lang talaga yung cement. I rubbed it really hard but I could not take out those 2 spots.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    hi _c_, have you tried scraping them with your fingernails are they big spots? i have no personal experienced about cement spot removing but reading on some detailing forums says it can be remove using vinegar/water solution. put a tissue paper on top of the cement spot, spray with the vinegar/water mix till it get soaked then let it dwell for some time. give it a try, maybe it will help...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ginawa go dati i used surgical knife sa mga spots mabusisi lang. Tapos turtlewax polish wag compound, tapos using DA polisher.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sirs, tuklap na ba o cement? Baka hindi lang cement tumalsik, pati bato. I'm waxing my car and these are the only two imperfections I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    hi _c_, have you tried scraping them with your fingernails are they big spots? i have no personal experienced about cement spot removing but reading on some detailing forums says it can be remove using vinegar/water solution. put a tissue paper on top of the cement spot, spray with the vinegar/water mix till it get soaked then let it dwell for some time. give it a try, maybe it will help...
    Thanks for the tip. I've been trying to scrape of with my fingernails but I still cannot remove it. Hindi ba mamumuti yung paint from the vinegar?

Quote Originally Posted by carofsteel View Post
    Ginawa go dati i used surgical knife sa mga spots mabusisi lang. Tapos turtlewax polish wag compound, tapos using DA polisher.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    I used polishing compound. Tumagos na nga yung init ng basahan sa kamay ko, ayaw pa rin I really hope hindi natunaw yung paint? I can't see it well kasi gabi na.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 11th, 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
cement spots