New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    HI guys!
    My ride is a 96 lancer glxi. Had a transmission replacement and after a month, the car won't move forward when i start it cold. When I shift to D, hard-up umabante parang naka hand brake. What i do is I shift it to N, then accelerate and shift it to D para umabante. OR I start the car and wait 15 minutes before I shift to D. May tama na ba ung xmission?

Please help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did you check your transmission fluid level? ... It might be low and you have a leak.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kudil View Post
    HI guys!
    My ride is a 96 lancer glxi. Had a transmission replacement and after a month, the car won't move forward when i start it cold. When I shift to D, hard-up umabante parang naka hand brake. What i do is I shift it to N, then accelerate and shift it to D para umabante. OR I start the car and wait 15 minutes before I shift to D. May tama na ba ung xmission?

Please help.
    hmmm... reminds me of someone who went drag-racing by doing that... hehehe

but nonetheless, aside from what sir GH has mentioned, you still might want to consider having it brought to the casa so that a technician can inspect the tranny by using the MUT (i forgot what it means)... they will plug a device underneath the driver side dashboard to analyze the tranny.

considering that the tranny has already been changed, i hope it is or similar to the original tranny- AFAIK, the model code for that it F4A21 or F4A22.

HTH. good luck po.

xmission A/T