New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    ang pagkakaalam ko DiD (crdi) na yun.

Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    so sir O.FW is might be missing some details, since the 4d56 DiD engine equipped on Advies are CRDI version already. yet these are tough and durable like their ancestor original 4d56.

+1 mukhang lake ng galet ni sir O.F.W. sa CRDI e.
    nope...its not yet a Crdi engine....what the adventures current engine is still the same way back then....the only difference now is that its a euro 2 compliant engine...the ever lasting 4d56

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Ewan ko lang sa MMC pero sana magkaron na nga ng Fuzion na diesel, then yung adventure retain nalang nila yung 2 variants na pinaka sellable.
    I have a great feeling that the fuzion diesel will be coming soon....yes, I agree that MMPC should still retain the 2 variants and just offer another trim that has a CRDi engine....However, due to the the emission rules getting tighter I think there will come a time the CRDi engine will dominate the whole diesel engine category..and the regular engine will be obsolete....not unless the manufacturers introduce a new technology on diesel engine...

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I don't think the Adventure needs a more powerful engine with CRDI. A simple non-intercooled turbo would do, like what Isuzu does with the Crosswind.
    As far as I know... a CRDi engine can operate without having turbo so I think it can be feasible in the adventure...another is that MMPC can just make a Direct Injection version(non-commonrail just like the early version of the pajero BK) of the 4d56 for the advie and get that extra power...when it happens it will increase the price definitely but it will still be on the affordable side...unlike when you put in a CRDi turbo engine...for sure it will sky rocket.

Tsaka, although Im a believer of the 4D56 engine sana naman palitan na nila ng may timing chain na makina para mas matibay kahit papaano. For all the merits of the 4d56 ang weak link ay yung timing belt, naputulan nako kasi, hassle na magastos pa
    I think thats kinda impossible for the adventure at this time....because even the 4d56 Crdi's that is currently on the montero and strada still has a timing belt....BUT...MMC has a new lineup of diesel engines that is due for launch anytime soon....so let us hope It is now operated by a timing chain...and they will put it in the adventure....because like you...I'am also a victim of the broken timing belt...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Great choice pa kasi talaga ang Adventure especially for people like me who rely mainly on cost and reliability and not so much with technology.

Given a little/tight budget, I would prefer adventure over other AUVs...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *locorroco pero yung nasa MS sir? CRDI 4d56-t na yun? anu ba yung term ng Mitsu sa CRDI engine nila?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    aej :

DiD ang alam
    ko.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    aej :

DiD ang alam
    ko.

e bakit may nakalagay na DiD emblem sa likod ng mga bagong advie? hehe labo ng mistu

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by O.F.DoubleU View Post
    gawing CRDi ang adventure? gusto ba nilang maging katulad ng korean cars ke bago bago, daming reklamo,tignan mo sa forum meron CRDi 1 day lng gustong baklasin ng fuel tank dahil meron daw water contaminants fuel nya, meron namang STA.fe 1 Month pa lng Diesel quality related dahil Euro-5 ultra sensitive sa diesel dito,meron namang TCM(transmission control module) pina update ang software dahil unstable ang clutch yun pala Diesel related din. yung isa naman Tucson biglang namatayan ng makina ECU(egine control unit) naman daw ang dahilan(buti nalang wlang kasalubong na sasakyan) ,modern engine modern headache,kahit technician nila parang ngaun lang na encounter nag ganoon na problema, tapos every year pabago bago pa ng design, bili ka this year,next year ibang technology naman,ano ba yan, what we need a vehicle that we reach from point A to point B at minimal cost of maintenance, yung wlang ECU/TCM at kung ano ano pa na computer box dyan, computer ko nga sa bahay biglang mag restart minsan, lalo na yung CRdi engine na yan.Hopefully mitsubishi adventure will be same as what we know for years to come, if they want CRDi there are lot option to choose with.

HI sir!

I can totally see your point....Although the Commonrail System of MMC has its own share of problems...Let us put into consideration that Hyundai is different car brand than of the Mitsubishi...Same principles on the commonrail engine but still differs on almost everything....Suppliers, Manufacturing, Quality control etc.

also...the problem you are pointing out isn't totally hyundai's fault...its in part being blamed on the High Sulfur Content of the Diesel fuel or commonly known as Dirty Diesel that is being Sold in our gas stations...

and Let us be reminded that Hyundai now is one of the top car manufacturers in the world....and I'm pretty sure they didn't achieve that by making Sh*tty cars that could not compete on the market..

just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by locoroco777; May 26th, 2010 at 12:01 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *locorroco pero yung nasa MS sir? CRDI 4d56-t na yun? anu ba yung term ng Mitsu sa CRDI engine nila?
    oo bro..that one is CRDi na...

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    aej :

DiD ang alam
    ko.

actually DiD kasi yung naging term nung unang Direct injection Diesel that was put on the earlier version ng pajero...now, when they launch the DiD with commonrail technology yun na din siguro yung ginamit na term nila para they can have their own identity na din siguro parang D4d ng toyota...since sumisibol na yung CRDi na term being used by almost all brands....

e bakit may nakalagay na DiD emblem sa likod ng mga bagong advie? hehe labo ng mistu
    San mo nakita bro?,,,,kung sa casa....I'll check on it...baka inde ako updated....hehehe...kung sa labas malamang nyan lagay mo na sa ricey thread...hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    DiD sa Adventure, asenso ah.

Sana nagala paparazzi ka uli, pinicturan mo.

Oh well, kung sabagay ... may nakita nga akong Strada ng Meralco with IDD emblem tapos ang variant ay GSL.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    --AFAIK/IMO--

The Adventure... another heir to the L300 tenure like throne...

During my tambay moments in Motorplaza way back 1995-6 a friend of mine told me that there will be a "Wagon that will be based from the L300"... I probably had the biggest question mark in mind on how will that materialize and i didn't have any idea that this would be a competitor of the Tamaraw FX. I thought it would a "a class of its own" since the L300 Versa Van at that time was "upscale".

Fast forward to January 28, 1998, The first time i saw this at the launch in ULTRA, Pasig, i was impressed with the overall packaging and I realized that the GLS and GL variants back then had a very big gap in terms of equipment. this was resolved with the GLX that came later that year. Take note- this was the ONLY time in modern car sales history when Mitsubishi over took Toyota.

After the Introduction of several standard aesthetic and mechanical upgrades like the increase of the rear tread and the introduction of the 2.0 4G63 16V engine and the GX, Super Sport and Grand Sport variants, i realized that the Adventure was starting to age when they installed the boulay face in 2004 and started to realize that Mitsubishi MUST be designing a replacement as the Innova was launched in 2005. True enough, i came across Mitsu Taiwan's website later that year to see the online launch of the Zinger and to this date, it is taking ages to fully utilize this this "Second Generation Adventure" with a CRDi on local assembly. Time flies indeed.

As of now, the Adventure could use a little helping of a Turbocharger (+Intercooler sana)- just like the 1990-1993 1st Gen Pajero. It may losing out (even a bit) from the Isuzu Crosswind (even the XL variant is turbocharged) and this is actually one of the complaints of some Sales Associates i know. No Matter how much sugar coating they do, it needs more torque. But otherwise, gets the job done. Don't expect the CRDi to be installed here. Tessa's article says it all. Airbags and ABS+EBD? i think it should be added too. But by 2014, i predict that the Adventure will cease production and it will be replaced by the Fuzion. Or at least decrease the variants to the GX and GLX instead to prevent redundancy with the Fuzion.

What i like about its current standing is that the overall packaging and advertising is not overkill unlike the Crosswind with variants exceeding 1 Million and all the borloloy they can think of. Although the current Super Sport has too much perfume for the pig, the GLS Sport are for those who want a bit more kit, the GLX is just right. Just add an alarm and power door locks and you will have an Adventure GLS (2002 model year equipment level). Just don't order it in White. hehehe...
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; May 26th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Mas lolo pa yung L300 versa van 80's pa yun hanggang ngayon may bnew parin
    +1 ako dito even sa russia 2 years ago lang nila na introduce yung L300. malakas pa din ang benta. siguro nga cheaper and reliable lang kaya may bumibili pa.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast