The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Thanks

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    1. Battery will not be assured to be charged if there is some small load. chargers are a good solution or even a usb jump starter.
    2. Fuel cannot be stored for that long. solution: store vehicles with low fuel.
    3. Lubrication drops all the way down to the pan. Combined with foul fuel there is more wear and tear during that initial crank after a long storage. if it is stored over half a year, I'd get an oil change.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    and a tyre inflator

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Aw.
    My diesel-fed vehicle has been sitting in the casa for 3 months now.
    Looks like I have to drain its fuel and engine oil before it gets released this March.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    1. Battery will not be assured to be charged if there is some small load. chargers are a good solution or even a usb jump starter.
    2. Fuel cannot be stored for that long. solution: store vehicles with low fuel.
    3. Lubrication drops all the way down to the pan. Combined with foul fuel there is more wear and tear during that initial crank after a long storage. if it is stored over half a year, I'd get an oil change.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    How long is "that long"?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There are ways to keep a car in store for an extended period, like maybe months. Just check out the web for those steps.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    How long is "that long"?
    same question sir

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Aircon compressors have lubricants also..if a car isnt utilized for a long period the compressor lubricant sits and tend to solidify or gum

When that happens masisira ang aircon compressor ng sasakyan nyo. Gummed up lubricant is the leading cause of stuck up aircon compressors

To prevent that from happening run your engine and turn on your car aircon every week for 5 minutes to circulate the compressor lubricant

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; February 12th, 2018 at 11:26 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Aw.
    My diesel-fed vehicle has been sitting in the casa for 3 months now.
    Looks like I have to drain its fuel and engine oil before it gets released this March.
    you have nothing to worry about.

when stockengine said fuel can't be stored that long i am sure he was referring to GASOLINE which components evaporate easily. your diesel car uses DIESEL. diesel does not stale as gasoline as its components are not as volatile. the only bad thing that can happen to diesel is if it is contaminated by water from the ship/tanker because that will have marine growth and bacteria that can clog your fuel filters. i have not heard of any car in the philippines having this problem.

as for oil draining completely and the bearigs getting dry, both diesel and gasoline engines, that is after many many months. not 3 months, not 6 months. maybe 1 year. and as long as you do not rev up your engine during start up your engine will be perfectly fine. remove your foot from the accelerator before you turn that ignition key.

you only need to worry about the battery and the tires. get a trickle charger. as for te tires, IF AND ONLY IF WE ARE TALKING OF REAL LONG TERM LIKE 1 YEAR, jack it up on hollow blocks. for periods like 3-6months i would not lose sleep over it.

huwag naa kayo nananakot kasi.
    Last edited by yebo; February 12th, 2018 at 12:08 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    thanks yebo!
    hahahaha i admit, natakot nga ako.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast