New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm planning to get a 2003-2004 Fieldmaster. What do you like and do not like about this SUV?
    I currently have a pick up Dmax and I'm planning of getting a Fieldmaster since di ko nagagamit ang bed nya.
    I heard "kalampag" daw ang problem ng mga FM. How true is this? But it's actually my first choice, next would be the Fortuner.
    Any inputs would be much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    It refuses to go away luma na madami padin may gusto

kalampag? 65000km na sakin ok pa naman..ganda pa ng ride pag nasa soft yung setting

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I agree with oliver1013. That "kalampag" may be a sign of how the previous owner maintained the SUV.

I consider the FM design to be "lasting"... may not be enough to be considered "timeless" but sure is a favorite to many... me included. Much better than the 1995-1999 body of the Pajero.

As to be compared with the Fortuner, the Fortuner is also a nice PICK-BASED SUV. Not that the Fortuner (as we all know) is of the same platform of the Hilux... while the FM is a REAL SUV -- even with a suspension setting.

So if asked, I'd still stick to an FM... you just need to be keen on its maintenance record.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Looks and simplicity

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    keep it coming guys!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    looks, functionality, ride quality, image... patok lahat. the only really negative things about it are its age and "takaw nakaw" (but has since been replaced by the fortuner hehe)

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ironically yung takaw nakaw niya is because madaming naghahanap at buyers ng second hand...

20 years from now parang box type lancer to, immortal..sigurado ko dito

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hindi ako owner ng fieldmaster, jdm ang pajero ko pero fieldmaster functions with the engine. ang masasabi ko... speechless ako! dahil wala na ko masasabi sa ganda at performance nito. isa pa, it carries the name "pajero"...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i used to own a 96 pajero... apart from the problems with the engine, everything else was great... ride quality, handling... are all tops for me. even the 4wd function ss1 saw a lot of use sa akin, never failed.

the 96 and FMs ride on the same chassis and suspensions, heck, even the interiors are the same. and pagkaiba nila ay yung engine, 96 had the 4d56td, the fm has the 4m40td, which, as we all know, is the more reliable engine

be sure to get the fieldmaster automatic with 4wd. everything about it will be just right.

later versions of the fm only had automatic, and no 4wd. a pajero with no 4wd for me just doesn't cut it... nag SUV ka pa. adventure na lang pwede pa pampasada, hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pinaka swerte yung mga nakakuha nung 99-00 4X4 m/t and a/t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What do you like about the Fieldmaster?