New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Is it a commom problem for the Adventure? My wife has a 2003 GLS Sport and the fog lamps keep getting water. Had it replaced by Mitsubishi just before the end of the 12 month warranty but I observed that there is again some water in the foglamps after just 1-year.

probobly a leak in the gaskets. Our Adventure before had this problem, the reflector was corroded because of this

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thats weird, kng sealed yan dpat di pnapasukan ng water. unless torn ung rubber cover sa likod.

probobly a design defect. adventures don't have that plastic cover inside the wheel well to protect the fog lights from water and the other elements during rainy season, might be one of the factors.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ah fog lamps... :D

Sasabihin ko sana ang frog talagang may water hehe

Yep, baka sa init natunaw/naging brittle ang rubber gasket, kaya pag ulan, pasok agad.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Design defect siguro. My wife's adventure has low mileage, hasn't sufffered any bumps and crashes, and is fairly new (so the original seals must still be good). If it is a design defect, I wonder if Mitsubishi will still replace them (both fog lamps now have water) considering that it is past the 12 month warranty (we've had the vehicle for exactly 24 months). Mahal pa naman isa, the dealer told us that it cost P4,000 each and it is such a small lamp.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Sorry guys, typo error on the "frog lamps". I meant fog lamps. But the way it is, frogs could live in the lamps judging by the way it accumulates water.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    get an aftermarket fod lamps nalang. ung bro ko pinalitan nya fog lamps nya early this year for less than 2K. malinaw naman daw ung buga ng ilaw.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    bro i have the same prob with my 2003 gls sports, design defect nga yan kc 3x n skin pinalitan yan. outsourcing lng kc yan ng mitsu sa winterpine. try to confront winterpine, 100% papalitan nila yan basta hindi nabasag or nabanga bumper mo.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i changed mine with an aftermarket fog lamps but sad to say pinasok din sya ng water... will try to change it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Water in the fog lamps