New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ey congrats on your washer mod Barney!!! Although I would still recommend 3 pairs, if youre happy with 2 thats fine by me

This mod was first brought to us by Mr Noel aka 'Yellow'. Im not sure where he is right now though. I tried it out and found that it made a night and day difference in power. I texted Otep, who also did KCBoy's ride and Kimpoy also did this to his Strada and BAM!!! You've got a slew of 4D56 Turbos going hataw like their drivers just got their licences hehehe!

Wala lang, just reminiscing on the old days.

By the way, I have successfully applied the washer mod to the 4M40 2800. However, the increase in power is not as obvious.... to me at least. Damn A/T!!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    PK,
    the pictures helped a lot , so thanks for posting it (also to johnart). as to the number of washers will just observed first, got nervous when i initially tried three and did a test drive parang something wrong will happen because of the increase in boost (but i know someone tried using four in one of the threads here). am quite satisfied with the additional boost on the two washer, stick muna ko dito.

OT question PK, have you tried having the turbo of your Pajeros cleaned? similar to V22 and Dabar? thinking of having mine clean.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid

By the way, I have successfully applied the washer mod to the 4M40 2800. However, the increase in power is not as obvious.... to me at least. Damn A/T!!!

does this mean power increase in A/T 2.5 tdic would be either??

tia

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    barney, I used to clean my turbo myself with my 4D56. Sorry Im not familiar with the other thread hehe. What I did was wipe the vanes so that the oily residue from the exhaust gases disappeared.

v22, i guess we have to find out

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Learned about the washer mod through an older washer mod forum and it really works! Lumakas talaga ang hatak.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    PK, ibig sabihin nun, kulang ng washers. heheh. ;)

luckytruck: great idea yun!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    PK, ibig sabihin nun, kulang ng washers. heheh. ;)

luckytruck: great idea yun!
    apat na pares na nakakabit pre. Although Im sure i did everythng right, baka nga A/T lang kumain ng excess power.

Hindi rin ako sure kasi wala pa atang one week after i took possession of my V46 i performed the mod na.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    barney, I used to clean my turbo myself with my 4D56. Sorry Im not familiar with the other thread hehe. What I did was wipe the vanes so that the oily residue from the exhaust gases disappeared.
    madali lang ba linisin?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    PK: v46? what's that? (what a n00b question. heheh)

i used 6 pairs nga dati eh, with a longer wastegate bolt. problem was, it only holds boost (15psi) at gentle throttle increase, kung biglang WOT, aabot nga ng 15, but it'll lose the boost unless you let go of the gas. i believe caused yun ng stock hoses not capable of holding higher boost, and the relief valve ng intake manifold releasing the extra boost. nung nagspike frequently to 16psi, i removed the two pairs of washers para kahit 13psi na lang. baka garantisabog, better safe than sorry, ika nga. :D

pero yung 16psi na yun, gigil talaga hatak at WOT.
    Last edited by nugundam93; June 10th, 2005 at 10:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    V44 = Lwb Gen Ii
    V46 = Lwb Gen Ii.5

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Washer Mod on Pajero 2.5 TDIC