New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    good day, comments naman for this viscosity rating 5w-40 is this suitable for diesel engine like the 4d56 to be use in tropical countries like the philippines.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ford View Post
    good day, comments naman for this viscosity rating 5w-40 is this suitable for diesel engine like the 4d56 to be use in tropical countries like the philippines.
    Good day po.. wait po natin yung nga gurus natin.. hinahanap ko din po sa owners manual hindi ko po makita eh..

Also pasingit nadin sir ford mas ok din po ba sa 4d56 engines ang royal purple na synthetic oil na ganyan ang rating?..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I use motul specific fully synthetic with that viscosity rating in my strada. The engine is quieter and i can feel the quicker response compared to mineral oil. Also, this was approved by the casa (my vehicle is still under warranty) so I suppose it is suitable here in the philippines

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Depende.. Kung bago ang sasakyan mo at ginamitan mo ng 5w-40 void ang warranty mo diyan, pero kung wala pwede na rin. In a hot country like Phils. mas maganda kung gamitan mo 15w-40 dahil yan ang karaniwang oil ng diesel engine. Do not confuse between gas engine oil and a diesel oil.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    my car is a adventure model 08 with a diesel engine, i bought it last end of april and im planning to use mobil delvac 1 fully synthetic kaya yung viscosity niya is only 5w-40, i don't know kung pwde gamitin to and yung viscosity naka lagay sa manual wala approved na 5w-40, help naman sa mga experts natin, thanks.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    my car is a adventure model 08 with a diesel engine, i bought it last end of april and im planning to use mobil delvac 1 fully synthetic kaya yung viscosity niya is only 5w-40, i don't know kung pwde gamitin to and yung viscosity naka lagay sa manual wala approved na 5w-40, help naman sa mga experts natin, thanks.
    Go w/ the manual said.

viscosity 5w-40