New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    While I was browsing through the threads of Mitsubishi Motors, Japan, I came across a news articles released today (12/09/2010) and surprisingly came up with a picture of Mitsubishi's probable Subcompact in the coming years to be built in Thailand sporting 1.0 to 1.2 liter engines.

If anyone can find a compatible translator website from Japanese to English, please help out with this:
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/pub...etail4422.html

Possibly the Next Mitsubishi Colt? I guess. But what would make me beg to differ is that the current Colt is using 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6 (Colt Plus) liter engines. To shrink it would instead produce another model... i think.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I am still waiting for my dearly departed Colt to come back ;_; She lost her life to save mine....

Nagpaparamdam na kaya siya?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    December 09, 2010

Mitsubishi Motors to conduct a groundbreaking ceremony for the new plant in Thailand MMTh

Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (hereafter MMC), the Mitsubishi Motors Thailand manufacturing and sales company in Thailand (hereinafter, MMTh) new plant (Plant III), the groundbreaking ceremony today in Laem Chabang Industrial Estate in Chonburi was performed in the plant construction site. The ceremony, the Minister of the Ministry of Industry Chaiuddo Thailand, attended by the presidents of the MMC Masuko Osamu.

The third plant is being built adjacent to the existing first and second plant started production in March is scheduled for 2012. Engine emissions to be released in fiscal year 2011 is 1.0 ~ 1.2L Mitsubishi compact car class (aka: "Global Small") to produce. The initial production capacity of 150,000 units / year level and the future, the level can be increased to 200,000 units. The employee is expected to hire about 3,000 new names.

Produced by new plant, "Global Small", the "small", "low cost", "fuel economy" is an entirely new platform for new models that Mitsubishi Motors is currently developing a basic concept, the Thai government are promoted, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions and dependence on fossil fuels, eco-car models that fit to enforce policies to promote investment in the automotive industry. Positioned as an entry model in the Mitsubishi model lineup, and the emerging demand for automobiles is expected future growth in addition to the heightened environmental awareness, the market for both countries downsize in response to an increasingly energy issues As a global strategic vehicle to meet the requirements, which are planned to be shipped to worldwide from Thailand.

MMTh new rendering plant (image)

"Global Small" (Image)

Thai Ministry of Industry Minister Chaiuddo will not consider breaking ceremony for the new plant, "Mitsubishi Motors new plant in Thailand, I am very happy to be part of the country to promote eco-car project. This new plant, the country Many modern automotive manufacturing technology brings will help us to greatly improve the overall skills of the Thai automotive manufacturing industry. "he said.

The president of Mitsubishi Motors Mashiko, "Today, We are delighted to welcome a groundbreaking ceremony for the new plant in Thailand. We have advanced from the beginning, believing the high potential as a global production base in Thailand doubt to now, Thailand has become a global export base for our pickup truck. We have agreed to pursue a new eco-car policy Kuni Tsuyoshi Thai government now intended to deal with environmental issues, etc., here in Thailand " Global Small "and added that the production base. "He said.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    This is interesting... Mitsubishi is missing all the fun in the subcompact car segment. Its high time they bring in the Colt as the Jazz/City/Vios/Accent competitor and this new subcompact as the i10/Celerio/QQ/Picanto competitor. They really should do something to protect their position in the market or they'll be overtaken by Hyundai, just like what happened with Honda.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    this just in- the english version has been released... thanks to denier13 and tanatej for the help
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/pub...etail0764.html

*GTi - yeah, it would be nice for MMC to have an A category (Jazz/City/Vios/Accent) and a B category (i10/Celerio/QQ/Picanto) contender...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Actually MMPC planned of bringing in the Colt Plus 1.6 Liter here na gawang Taiwan back then pero dahil mahal sya kaya nag-stick nalang sila sa Lancer GLX at GLS na based sa Cedia platform na gawang Thailand.

The new mini car of Mitsubishi will surely be a hit!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Actually MMPC planned of bringing in the Colt Plus 1.6 Liter here na gawang Taiwan back then pero dahil mahal sya kaya nag-stick nalang sila sa Lancer GLX at GLS na based sa Cedia platform na gawang Thailand.

astig nga tong bago ng mitsubishi ah.. kaso mukha namang mamahalin.. hehe.. tsaka matagal pa yang 2013.. hehe.. pero maganda nga ang concept nila kasi in demand ngayon ang mga sub compact cars.. so for now.. target ko muna ang hyundai i10 "2011".. hehehe!

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post

Yes, i did recall that. it would have been nice to have the colt plus- it was like a sedan and hatch combined.

let's see if this will follow the path of the Montero Sport.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    a more definitive rendition of Mitsubishi's Concept Global Small Car... perhaps a picture of the actual unit:

to be seen in real at the Geneva Motor Show 2 months from now.

source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/pub...etail0769.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast