New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    After almost 5 five months from the time a purchased my new 2013 lancer mx, I notices a bit of uneven height on the back part of my car. The left side seems to be lower than the right side. I measured it from the center of my wheel up to my fender. There is a difference of about half of an inch. I already went to the Mitsubishi shop but what they only did was interchanged the shocks of the left to the right. And I was told that it's already even. But when I checked it the next day, the problem still there. So I brought it back again to Mitsubishi, but then they told me its within the allowed difference. Im not sure if there's really a problem on my car or not. Help would be very much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some will even tell you that the suspension was designed that way, that the left side is intentionally made lower by 1/2 inch to compensate for the lean of the road (the road is lower at the right side for drainage purposes). my ex old 2001 lancer mx was also like that, the clearance between the left tyre and fender is less than the right side and that was what they told me. it was pure BS of course and mitsubishi philippines ultimately repaired the uneven suspension on warranty.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by acid burn View Post
    After almost 5 five months from the time a purchased my new 2013 lancer mx, I notices a bit of uneven height on the back part of my car. The left side seems to be lower than the right side. I measured it from the center of my wheel up to my fender. There is a difference of about half of an inch. I already went to the Mitsubishi shop but what they only did was interchanged the shocks of the left to the right. And I was told that it's already even. But when I checked it the next day, the problem still there. So I brought it back again to Mitsubishi, but then they told me its within the allowed difference. Im not sure if there's really a problem on my car or not. Help would be very much appreciated.
    If you want, you can have a "lifter" or rubber donut installed on the lower side. A lifter is usually 1/2 inch so that should even out the level of your car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Alisin mo lahat ng laman ng kotse mo at mga 1/8 na lang ang gas. Sukatin mo ulit. Pag ganon pa rin pagawa mo under warranty.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    umupo ka sa right front seat and push your weight around for a few seconds. then do your measurements again.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Yung gas tank ba nasa left side? Or pwede din na hindi pantay yung pavement kung saan ka naka-park habang nagsusukat? Anyway, kung galing ka na din sa casa, you should have measured the height of the model unit

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thanks for all your feed backs. I'm sure nong sinukat nasa level naman ang pinagparkan sa kotse. I am thinking it might be the coil spring. It's just so frustrating na five months palang sya and yet may nakikita ka ng diperensya. Anyway, I'll have to put it back to casa para ipakita ulit.

Another thing, especially to those who also have lancer mx. kasi napansin ko, pag nagengage ung makina, meaning from neutral to drive, parang may mararamdaman kang pagengage ng makita. parang ipupush nya ung sasakyan mo ng kunti. I'm not sure kung normal lang un kasi it's my first time to drive automatic. Kinumpare ko lang kasi sa automatic na vios, wla syang parang kunting push, dirediretso ang engage nya. Please help.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    yung faint feeling na parang ipupush yung sasakyan on engaging the drive from neutral is i think normal. i've felt it when i drive my bro's santa fe and a friend's tucson.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can't compare the lancer mx with a vios as the vios is only a 1.3/1.5 liter engine. that push you feel is due to the higher torque of the engine, even at idle. and mitsu engines, old and new, are known for their torque at low rpm, compared to other car makers (in point, honda) that need to reach high rpm before putting out any torque.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Normal lang yung push. Medyo randam lang talaga yung sa ex. Di ko alam kung bakit. Actually everytime nagshishift yung gear nararandaman ko eh. Unlike sa civic fd ko dati. Pero its not a problem at all so deadma nalang. Hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast