New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PROTREK
    gas or diesel? at 6k rpm sabog na dapat makina nyan kung diesel engine yung adventure. sa stock gen1 pajero 4d56T nasa 3.1k rpm * 100kph, 3.8k rpm * 120kph. If you could get it up sa 4.5k rpm redline that would be 142kph approximately. pero hirap na sya umabot na 130kph
    Mabigat kasi ang kaha ng Pajero. Among the three AUVs back then, the lightest is the Adventure, followed by the Revo. The Hilander was the heaviest, so even though malakas ang 4JA1 Direct Injection, it cannot reach a really high speed bec. of the weight. The fastest I went with a 1997 Hilander was around 147 kph.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nivra_0812
    2003 Grand Sport Diesel Engine Top speed i got is 140Kph with 3000 rpm. I Dont know anong H-way ung nasa Batangas. Powerfull pa rin ang 4d56 engine ng Mitsu.
    Tama ka dyan, lalo na kapag well-maintained. Goes to show what the old 4D56 is still capable of.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nivra_0812
    2003 Grand Sport Diesel Engine Top speed i got is 140Kph with 3000 rpm. I Dont know anong H-way ung nasa Batangas. Powerfull pa rin ang 4d56 engine ng Mitsu.
    ang gaang siguro ng paa mo... hhehehe kc ako more than 3000rpm ang takbo ko plang 120kph siguro di pa tlga ako sanay gumamit ng diesel engine... and dami kc nag sasabi skin na mahina daw ang makina nf adventure compare to crosswind and revo, based sa horse power but amazingly malakas pla... 170kph kyang kya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arvic
    ang gaang siguro ng paa mo... hhehehe kc ako more than 3000rpm ang takbo ko plang 120kph siguro di pa tlga ako sanay gumamit ng diesel engine... and dami kc nag sasabi skin na mahina daw ang makina nf adventure compare to crosswind and revo, based sa horse power but amazingly malakas pla... 170kph kyang kya.
    Here's a nice question: eh bakit lahat ng small delivery vans eh L300 na 4D56? Ok naman sila mag carry ng heavy loads. Mahina ba yan? hehehe....

One thing is for sure, the 4D56 is a very reliable engine, and kahit saan ka pumunta may marunong magayos nyan.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler
    Mabigat kasi ang kaha ng Pajero. Among the three AUVs back then, the lightest is the Adventure, followed by the Revo. The Hilander was the heaviest, so even though malakas ang 4JA1 Direct Injection, it cannot reach a really high speed bec. of the weight. The fastest I went with a 1997 Hilander was around 147 kph.
    I personally wont believe that a 4d56 engined adventure could go 170kph. Sa gas powered pwede pa. Me nakasabayan akong adventure A/T sa NLEX. Both or us nasa 165kph. We both have a pajero and adventure(diesel). both of them nasa 3100rpm at approx 100kph. Therefore, 32.25km/hr per 1000rpm. Fastest ko sa pajero ay 130kph. Sa adventure, 135kph.

Me nakasabayan din akong hilander. Your right kaya nilang umabot ng 145kph.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Here's a nice question: eh bakit lahat ng small delivery vans eh L300 na 4D56? Ok naman sila mag carry ng heavy loads. Mahina ba yan? hehehe....

One thing is for sure, the 4D56 is a very reliable engine, and kahit saan ka pumunta may marunong magayos nyan.
    Now i'm a proud owner of 4D56 engine of mitsu....!!!! kailangan ko lng tlga mag praktis pa kung papaano i maximize ang lakas ng engine na 'to... kahit pang kargahan, pabilisan at akyatan.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Tested my wife's GLS Sport (gas) after it's break-in about 2-years ago. It can easily go 140 kph and higher. I just don't like to max it since wala namang expressways dito sa Mindanao (unsafe).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PROTREK
    I personally wont believe that a 4d56 engined adventure could go 170kph. Sa gas powered pwede pa. Me nakasabayan akong adventure A/T sa NLEX. Both or us nasa 165kph. We both have a pajero and adventure(diesel). both of them nasa 3100rpm at approx 100kph. Therefore, 32.25km/hr per 1000rpm. Fastest ko sa pajero ay 130kph. Sa adventure, 135kph.

Me nakasabayan din akong hilander. Your right kaya nilang umabot ng 145kph.
    Like you, a lot of people didn't believe it. I wish there were camera phones back then. The first time I was able to get to that speed, may sumusunod na Corolla (yung AE version ba? I think early 1990s version, am not familiar with Toyotas). I still remember the two people inside the Corolla kept staring at my ride wondering probably why a diesel can run that fast.

This is my experience at 170kph 1st time (really unforgettable):
    - The engine roared like hell, parang sasabog na.
    - Took me proably a few minutes to get to that speed. As we all know, diesel acceleration takes forever and ever and ever.
    - Sagad na ang pedal sa floor.
    - I had momentum. When I reached the start of the NLEX aqueduct, nasa 120 na ako. And until the end of the long bridge, I ran purely straight, no braking and steering.
    - Taco shows almost redline, around a milimeter na lang red na.
    - I had removed all the stuff inside (pati ba naman spare tire ko wala, kasi kakanakaw lang #$%#*!).
    - Kakagamit ko lang ng Mobil Delvac 1. At kakapalit ko lang ng air filter.
    - I shut of the Aircon for the duration of the run.
    - Sa sobrang bilis, my side mirrors were starting to fold (sa lumang hilander lalo na madalas mag fold pag mabilis). If you've experienced this with your Adv, then you'll know what I mean.
    - One of my employees, a small guy, eh when we reached the end of the bridge, eh ayan sa itim nyan, namutla at nanigas. After that, ayan pati ako nanginig; crazy pala yung ginawa ko.
    - At sa NLEX aqueduct ko lang ginagawa ito dati. Super straight kasi, at walang tumatawid. Anywhere else is too dangerous for me, kahit na skyway.

These days, I push it to around 150kph but only for a few seconds (sa skyway northbound, after the tollgate), just to remove the carbon in the pipes. Once in a blue moon din ito.

Rediesel, if you are reading this, diba we tested your Adventure too? Nung 1st ever Dieselclub meeting tapos pauwi na tayo? Can't really recall ano nangyari.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arvic
    Now i'm a proud owner of 4D56 engine of mitsu....!!!! kailangan ko lng tlga mag praktis pa kung papaano i maximize ang lakas ng engine na 'to... kahit pang kargahan, pabilisan at akyatan.
    Make sure you give the 4d56 T.L.C. In short, regular PMS, change oil, filter, air filter etc. And use Biodiesel.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    At what gear and rpm yung 170kph mo? what is the redline of your adventure's engine? ma try nga to sa adventure namin.

take a look at my pajero,prado and patrol's rpm at specified speeds.

I'll post the adventures pics when im done running it at 80,100,120kph and top speed.

Like you, a lot of people didn't believe it. I wish there were camera phones back then. The first time I was able to get to that speed, may sumusunod na Corolla (yung AE version ba? I think early 1990s version, am not familiar with Toyotas). I still remember the two people inside the Corolla kept staring at my ride wondering probably why a diesel can run that fast.

This is my experience at 170kph 1st time (really unforgettable):
    - The engine roared like hell, parang sasabog na.
    - Took me proably a few minutes to get to that speed. As we all know, diesel acceleration takes forever and ever and ever.
    - Sagad na ang pedal sa floor.
    - I had momentum. When I reached the start of the NLEX aqueduct, nasa 120 na ako. And until the end of the long bridge, I ran purely straight, no braking and steering.
    - Taco shows almost redline, around a milimeter na lang red na.
    - I had removed all the stuff inside (pati ba naman spare tire ko wala, kasi kakanakaw lang #$%#*!).
    - Kakagamit ko lang ng Mobil Delvac 1. At kakapalit ko lang ng air filter.
    - I shut of the Aircon for the duration of the run.
    - Sa sobrang bilis, my side mirrors were starting to fold (sa lumang hilander lalo na madalas mag fold pag mabilis). If you've experienced this with your Adv, then you'll know what I mean.
    - One of my employees, a small guy, eh when we reached the end of the bridge, eh ayan sa itim nyan, namutla at nanigas. After that, ayan pati ako nanginig; crazy pala yung ginawa ko.
    - At sa NLEX aqueduct ko lang ginagawa ito dati. Super straight kasi, at walang tumatawid. Anywhere else is too dangerous for me, kahit na skyway.

These days, I push it to around 150kph but only for a few seconds (sa skyway northbound, after the tollgate), just to remove the carbon in the pipes. Once in a blue moon din ito.

Rediesel, if you are reading this, diba we tested your Adventure too? Nung 1st ever Dieselclub meeting tapos pauwi na tayo? Can't really recall ano nangyari.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Top Speed For Your Adventure